Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm about to finally take my F3 rim into the PC guy so it can get black since it is way too chipped for my liking.

I'm have a black '08 GSXR rim on the front, what "black" should I tell them to do.

A mid gloss black maybe, or is black just black?

·
Premium Member
8,122 Posts
So I'm about to finally take my F3 rim into the PC guy so it can get black since it is way too chipped for my liking.

I'm have a black '08 GSXR rim on the front, what "black" should I tell them to do.

A mid gloss black maybe, or is black just black?
Can you take the 08 with you and ask to match it?

Or, take both and get both PC'd in a matching shade? Mustard perhaps? Oh, no do something original - matte black PC.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Take both wheels in, and ask the guy what he has that will most closely match the front wheel. Most decent shops will have either test panels they sprayed, or sample parts of work they've done so you can get an idea of what you're going to get.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
you won't be able to tell a difference, IMO

not enough of either wheel is exposed to be able to compare the luster.

·
Super Moderator
6,914 Posts
Take both wheels in, and ask the guy what he has that will most closely match the front wheel. Most decent shops will have either test panels they sprayed, or sample parts of work they've done so you can get an idea of what you're going to get.
+1 - that should get you really close.

Most likely it's somewhere between a 20% and 50% gloss, but comparing to sprayed test panels (not chips in a book) is the best way to match it.

Jay

·
Registered
554 Posts
if it's anything like my bikes, itll be covered in grime so it really doesnt matter :p

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Can you take the 08 with you and ask to match it?

Or, take both and get both PC'd in a matching shade? Mustard perhaps? Oh, no do something original - matte black PC.
Ding ding ding

1 - 8 of 8 Posts