Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came accross a post just like this from 2 years ago but there wasn't many pics that were still valid so I'm bringing the thread up again......Curious to see some finnished products of polishing, anything you've polished post it up, I see its asked about every now and again and I've read just about every post concerning it with in the last couple years still contemplating doing it myself.
So post up your hard work guys n gals 8)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
;D

I've see quite a few internet-wide actually, I was curious to see some finnished products from the people on here that have been doing it to their's just to see how their techniques worked out for them.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Novadesigns said:
I guess the most polished part of my bike right now are my vortex rearsets. Hopefully they will lose their sheen soon. I absolutely hate chrome!
ya chrome is just so guady.. and ... slow :p

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
priceless lmao! ;D

"yeah! yeah! what he said"

but you're right though I wouldn't want anything chrome on my bike, I wouldn't want to slow it down cause its so damn fast now! lmao! ::)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
-1 on polishing. I either beadblast it or paint it black.

;)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Dizzle said:
priceless lmao! ;D

"yeah! yeah! what he said"

but you're right though I wouldn't want anything chrome on my bike, I wouldn't want to slow it down cause its so damn fast now! lmao! ::)
whats up with that? people happen to agree that polished stuff is ugly. *newsflash* it is! *newsflash*

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stranger said:
whats up with that? people happen to agree that polished stuff is ugly. *newsflash* it is! *newsflash*
oh I was just giving him some crap thats all..........its just another to each his own type thing some like "drab" some like "bling" (I guess the term is) personally I like my "vehicles" (speaking for all) nice and eye catching rather than another "dime a dozen" type vehicles and its kind of interesting I've never hear chrome or polished called ugly before, I have heard and even said my self that some vehicles went a little overboard and its just too much,but I have ofcourse always heard it from the people out there that can't aford chrome then ofcourse its the worst thing they've ever seen. But I really don't want to break the bank in having parts actually dipped thats why I'm thinking of polishing.

·
Registered
198 Posts
No one's going to see me *cough*... polishing my goods. :p ;D

My heelplates were getting scuffed so I took the rest of the paint off. Looks like crap though.. I think I'm gonna either swiss cheese them or have em powder coated.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I read the title rather quickly and thought you were talking about polish goods on our bikes, thankfully I was in error.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn! A little too much for me but never the less it looks good, I may just do little things but probably wont go all out on the frame being my bike is also yellow I want to do the most cosmetic additions in carbon fiber (what I can find anyway) I was going to initialy strip it and paint it black with some flake which was why I was going to dive into polishing like you did but the yellow is growing on me I guess. But we'll see carbon fiber parts/add ons seem to be very far and few between.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I remember that one when it was in Streetfighters... It was a looooong time ago, we've evolved since then! Though it does have some very nice touches- that exhaust, how cool is that?

I hate the shiny look, it's nearly as bad as fake carbon fibre. It's nice if it's done well- ie, polished frame, swingarm, etc- but when it's just a shiny bit here and there it looks rank. One of the reasons I got the all-ti exhaust system, now my bike's completely non-shiny.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Northwind said:
I remember that one when it was in Streetfighters... It was a looooong time ago, we've evolved since then! Though it does have some very nice touches- that exhaust, how cool is that?
Except now you have the clearance of a Harley on that side.

Why the hell does that bike look like it's in heat?

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I think the guy likes the high-tail look... Fair enough, so do I, but not that much :)

If you see the shots from the rear, the cans aren't as obstructive as you'd think. There's room for improvement in the design, too.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
is that tail jacked up or am i imagining things?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts