Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
15081 - 15100 of 42126 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
I have a feeling both the Pho and the Ramen were about the same quality:

Nissin makes ramen noodles and brakes?! Wow, talk about diversity.

Ahhhh....it's so nice to have the REAL Mike back, that guy that was always happy and never disagreeable was quite boring! :D
I like the happy Mike better, also he got more booty...

I'm just sayin'.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Good heavens. It's dee-lish.

I might have to ride down there this weekend for a slice. Ala mode, of course. :D
Sh-t. :mad: Now I have to go to Wakefield this weekend.

Mike, your avatar looks like some Asian dude who just found poo in his pho. ;D
I'm going for the Al Leong look. You know... Al Leong? Oh, don't tell me you've never seen Lethal Weapon or Die Hard?

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
So where does one obtain this peanut pie. It looks wonderful.

Mike, if you ever get up to NoVA, let me know, and I'll have Saeng whip up some Thai noodle soup. Guaranteed to be internal organ free! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Thai food I love. It has taste and stuff that doesn't turn my stomach when I read it. There's a great place around the corner from me, which I know must be good Thai food, because I see asian people eating there alot. ;D

The best peanut pie is at the Virginia Diner, like Travis said. It's in Wakefield, VA. SE of Richmond.

I still rule at horseshoes. :rock:

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
The Virginia Diner in Wakefield is the place. Easy to find. Great food. Popular stopoff for folks traveling US460.
ANYTHING is a welcome stopoff for people traveling that god-for-saken road. I took that back from the BRP that afternoon... rode it from the mountains to Petersburg.

Never.

Again.

:angry7:

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
ANYTHING is a welcome stopoff for people traveling that god-for-saken road. I took that back from the BRP that afternoon... rode it from the mountains to Petersburg.
Agreed. 460 blows. And they shoot so much gorram radar on it, the pavement actually glows at night. :angry1:

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Oh yeah, it's good.

The Virginia Diner in Wakefield is the place. Easy to find. Great food. Popular stopoff for folks traveling US460.
Thanks

Thai food I love. It has taste and stuff that doesn't turn my stomach when I read it. There's a great place around the corner from me, which I know must be good Thai food, because I see asian people eating there alot. ;D
That's typically a good indicator. Either the food is really good, or really cheap.

The best peanut pie is at the Virginia Diner, like Travis said. It's in Wakefield, VA. SE of Richmond.
Thanks again.

I still rule at horseshoes. :rock:
Well, you did have a little help from Jeopardy. No denying the outcome, though.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Oh, I almost forgot to wrap up my work drama.

For the last several weeks, I've been working a lot of extra hours & all of my Saturdays to help my team get ready for a very rare, high profile visit from out CEO & Chairman. This has even had VP's sweating. Today, he finally arrived.

The visit was stellar. Couldn't have scripted a better visit. What a relief for everyone. Turns out, the dude is pretty cool in person. I got to talk to him for a good 10 minutes, which was awesome, as his visit was only 45 minutes long. :rock: We all took a group photo before he left, and as everyone started to leave after the photo, he grabbed my arm & said "How about a picture of Travis & me?" :eek: I was floored.

I know, BFD to most of you. But, considering this guy is a pioneer & a legend in our industry, it was a huge deal for me and our group. He departed us seeming very impressed with the work we've done. I'm stoked. But I'm also happy that I get Saturdays off again. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Drama on the highway for me Tuesday evening. Got pulled over for speeding on the interstate while riding home from work. It was just after dark and I was running pretty hard, weaving through traffic, when I got the blue light show on my tail. I just stopped on the shoulder and sat still with my hands on the handlebar.

The police office looked real young and seemed a little nervous, so I stayed calm and polite, and answered yes sir/no sir. He said I was doing 83 mph and asked why I was going so fast. I told him I didn't realize I was riding quite that fast.

So he took my license, registration and insurance card, and returned to his office while I sat on my SV waiting for the ticket.

The officer returned shortly, handed back my license, registration and insurance card, and said: "Do me a favor and slow it down."

Holy crap I was lucky to get away with a warning! Must be living right or something. :)

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Oh, I almost forgot to wrap up my work drama.

For the last several weeks, I've been working a lot of extra hours & all of my Saturdays to help my team get ready for a very rare, high profile visit from out CEO & Chairman. This has even had VP's sweating. Today, he finally arrived.

The visit was stellar. Couldn't have scripted a better visit. What a relief for everyone. Turns out, the dude is pretty cool in person. I got to talk to him for a good 10 minutes, which was awesome, as his visit was only 45 minutes long. :rock: We all took a group photo before he left, and as everyone started to leave after the photo, he grabbed my arm & said "How about a picture of Travis & me?" :eek: I was floored.

I know, BFD to most of you. But, considering this guy is a pioneer & a legend in our industry, it was a huge deal for me and our group. He departed us seeming very impressed with the work we've done. I'm stoked. But I'm also happy that I get Saturdays off again. ;D
Congrats, that's pretty awesome! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Congrats, that's pretty awesome! :thumbsup:
Thanks, dude. Work has been rough the past 18 months, it's good to have something positive come along to boost morale. :)

And congrats on getting a verbal warning & no paper... 83mph could have been pricey. ;)

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
So did you get your "Hall Of Flame" jacket, or what? :dontknow:

Again, the best advice I can offer, when getting pulled over, is be polite, appologize (don't admit to it, but if the cop says "you know you were doin' 80?", simply say you didn't, and that you're sorry), and be respectful.

Sometimes you just get a dick cop, but it certainly can't hurt to rub some sugar on it. Arguing will certainly not help the situation.

15081 - 15100 of 42126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.