Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd start a computer related thread...

Post your home/office/gaming computer setup.

I'm temporarily moved back with the 'rents... Big mess at the time of the pic :p

I only use the Dell laptop and the comp on the desk. The rest are customers or spares. Mostly laptops at the moment. Most of my desktops are downstairs in the shop. No room in the bedroom. :D

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hah, also sorry for the big picture size... :p

· Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Somewhere under a pile of toy motorcycles and assorted late bills I have one of these

I haven't actually been able to access it for some time though.
17" Viewsonic LCD floating above the desk on a monitor arm I fished out of the dumpster at work. Underneath it is a USB hub, A LaCie 250GB external drive and a rats nest of USB wires whose owning devices have long since died. And a Doggie page a day calendar.

My work system is a Pentium II Dell (no, I'm not kidding. IS says they won't give me a new one since I burn them up 2 or 3 times a year because of the sawdust :rolleyes: ) and a 15" LCD with a vaugely Korean sounding name I can't pronounce.

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a CRT for a reason: image quality. That 20" CRT I have goes up to [email protected] Fricking nice. I have a 19" LCD around but I don't like it much. I did a dual monitor setup too but I just didn't really find it necessary, kind of a waste of the extra monitor. I liked the little 8" touchscreen I had for an alternate monitor but I got rid of that too. Dual screen is ok but I usually don't need it. I'll probably eventually buy a better LCD but I'd rather put money into my car or bike. I think in the next day or two I'm gonna buy an ASUS eeepc, does anyone have one of those? they look pretty decent for $300.

Thoughts?

· Registered
216 Posts
^You do know about KVM's right?
Continuous simultaneous monitoring.... >InsanE!
We use KVM's for our keyboards and mice but its only a 4 port box and I run up to six systems on one bench. This particular desk has my personal computer on it so I have a separate KB and mouse for that.

We have to run our systems on different configurations of monitors and we have to be able to see them at all times.

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
From my experience, KVM's don't work worth a SH!T unless you buy the really nice expensive ones.

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QED

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.