Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
4881 - 4888 of 4888 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks like your having fun out there. I've never seen one of those Nikens at a track, do they do hard cornering?
I was surprised how well it could corner to be honest. This was a tight technical track so you could see that it had to slow down more through the tighter turns, but still very impressive.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I was surprised how well it could corner to be honest. This was a tight technical track so you could see that it had to slow down more through the tighter turns, but still very impressive.
Cool, how about your bike, happy with how its handling at the track?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Cool, how about your bike, happy with how its handling at the track?
Fantastic - loving it! This was the first weekend out that I was able to just fully enjoy the bike and focus completely on my riding rather than considering changes to make for the next day out. I recently installed a seat made by S2 Concept and what a difference. It puts me higher up on the bike and I can really feel what's going on under me now. I've scheduled 6 more days in Sept before our much too short season here comes to a close.

·
Registered
343 Posts
@Bastak I like that S2 seat unit. Not a lot of room for numbers (they're anal about number size here), but looks sharp. I considered that option myself. What's the slip on your running and rear sets?

·
Registered
82 Posts
@Bastak I like that S2 seat unit. Not a lot of room for numbers (they're anal about number size here), but looks sharp. I considered that option myself. What's the slip on your running and rear sets?
Yeah, not much room for numbers. It came with the holes predrilled and fit without any adjustment which was nice - gives you plenty of room to tuck in on long straights too.

The slip-on is SC Project oval carbon with the M4 race exhaust hanger. The rearsets are Woodcraft on the highest and furthest back setting - clearance is good for the tires I'm on (Michelin Pilot Power 2CT).

With the new seat, the Sato Racing rearsets might be a better fit as I could go slightly higher/further back and still be quite comfortable.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Okay, I'll play. My '00 with bodywork of unknown provenance, all tarted up to hide the cracks and various crash damage. Just walked in the door from doing a 2g cam swap, cams via Mad8v. Sorry about the double photo, can't seem to make it just post one.
Tire Helmet Wheel Motorcycle Motorcycle helmet

4881 - 4888 of 4888 Posts