Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread about my first crash and here's the damage on my bike. Having a second look at it it does not look that bad for a crash at that speed. The bike mostly slid.
My first concern is the tank:

How do I straighten the dents? I've heard sealing it air proof and pumping it with air could fix it. The brake fluid container has fallen off and there is hardly any fluid left. I guess I should flush out real good any debris like dust, pebbles, leafs.

The heel guard is a bit twisted. Probably have to change the whole thing.

The exhaust is twisted to the inside of the bike I'll probably straighten the bracket and cut half of the pipe.

Other than that its just plastics and cosmetic damage. Scrapes along the tail, broken windshield, mirrors etc. Any suggestions on where I should start would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking of going to the naked style of the bike.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'd replace the tank or live with it.
1. Thick steel with creases need to approached from inside, hard to do.
2. Do not try to fill with air. You will be creating an IED with all the stored energy of that compressed air if it goes you won't won't want to be in the same room.
I filled the dent with glass reinforced filler and live with the 1 quart less capacity. I use a magnetic tank bag anyway so it doesn't have to be perfect.
Good time to upgrade to SS lines with your new master cylinder.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Where to start..... just pull off anything damaged and make a shopping list. Some rashed fairings can be sanded repainted. There are body shops that pull dents, you can buy a tool an DIY. It not gona be perfect but bondo lots of sanding and paint could get it to almost new. I bought gas tank with baseball size dent in it.

This was after I fixed an painted ect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts