Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i were to make the part that holds the cable have a larger outer diameter wouldnt that be the same thing as making a 1/5th turn throttle since the cable would go farther with the same distance of a twist? has anyone done this? did it work? and how did you do it if u did?[/i]

·
Registered
23 Posts
+1 for the R6 throttle, really easy to do and cheap!!

T

·
0 Posts
iflylikeaneagle said:
if i were to make the part that holds the cable have a larger outer diameter wouldnt that be the same thing as making a 1/5th turn throttle since the cable would go farther with the same distance of a twist? has anyone done this? did it work? and how did you do it if u did?[/i]
brg racing sells insert that fits stock one.cost is twice of R6 tube and you have to cut throttle cable.
old yamaha dirt bikes have tube with big outer diameter that you can file down and make it any turn you want.this is the one I used before I found R6 tube.
R6 is as far you can go without moding anything around.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2002r6 said:
if you paid $12 you got ripped off :D
Where can you get them for cheaper??

·
Registered
23 Posts
I knew you were joking just always looking for the best price.

later

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Just go to your local Yamaha dealer, they probably will have to order it anyway. Expect a week turn around to be safe.

·
Registered
498 Posts
on your 99 it is a direct replacement. the hardest part is adjusting your cables when you are done

1 - 17 of 17 Posts