Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I came across a beautiful 06 650N. The guys wants to get rid of it. He didn't steal but I fear it might be stolen,he inherited if from his low life neighbor who might have stolen it. There is no vin number on the frame. I'm not sure about the engine. He wants to give it away for a $100 and knows a couple people who could switch the parts on a new frame for me cheap. He's a friend of my friends so I don't think he's trying to screw me over The thing is now the engine. Would I have to buy a new engine in addition to a new frame? I don't want to get in trouble or go through a huge procedure with the dmv but this bike is too nice too pass up even for all the parts excluding the frame and engine. Should I buy a frame and engine and use this bike for parts?

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
... I fear it might be stolen,he inherited if from his low life neighbor who might have stolen it. There is no vin number on the frame.
Well, of course it is stolen.

Carmine, have you ever had a bike or something equally dear/valuable stolen? People who do things like that to others are major low lifes. Those who knowingly buy from them are no better. You are not one of those jack wads are you?

Report it to the local police, see if the original owner can be found. Hopefully the thieves will be prosecuted, but unfortunately not much hope of that.

You need to find new friends.

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
Even if both frame and engine numbers are missing, still report it. Most likely the true owner reported it stolen, and chances are it happened in the local area. If there is a report on file, they may be able to match it up.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just having these parts in your possession calls you into question. It's likely the police are already onto these guys....which is why they are trying to unload the hot parts quickly for almost nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts