Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My SFV has this condition where it starts burping and gurgling when holding the throttle on low revving, but only when it's moving and when it's still cold.

I would try and keep a constant slow pace, but then it starts doing that, and I have to twist the throttle to stop it from burping.

When twisting the throttle just a tiny bit while it's burping, I feel the bike resisting and nothing will happen until you give it some more and then the power just bursts out instead of gradually coming out.

Spark Plugs are brand new NGK CRE8EIX. Tank is clean. Injectors ?

Thank you.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
How 'low revving' are you talking about? Especially when not fully warmed up it's hard to be too critical of how it runs and if you're trying to run below 3000 that's asking a lot. You don't want to run a cold engine hard, but must keep the R's up a little even when warm.

Emission tuning plays a large part of driveability and later bikes are much leaner and thereby more susceptible to cold running issues. They CAN run well with lean tuning....but again depending on how slow you're trying to run it might be the difference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How 'low revving' are you talking about? Especially when not fully warmed up it's hard to be too critical of how it runs and if you're trying to run below 3000 that's asking a lot. You don't want to run a cold engine hard, but must keep the R's up a little even when warm.

Emission tuning plays a large part of driveability and later bikes are much leaner and thereby more susceptible to cold running issues. They CAN run well with lean tuning....but again depending on how slow you're trying to run it might be the difference.
Pretty slow honestly. Around 2k to 3k rpm. The bike runs fine past that point !

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
OK.....so there might not be something actually wrong with the bike then. If you keep it above 3K (which is normal procedure) and it runs fine....you've answered your question.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK.....so there might not be something actually wrong with the bike then. If you keep it above 3K (which is normal procedure) and it runs fine....you've answered your question.:)
I am pretty sure there is an issue somewhere... None of my other bikes or any of my friends' bikes do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts