Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know exactly how much smaller the 05 radiator is than the 04? i think that the smaller radiator on the 05 makes the whole bike look SOOO much better. so i was wondering if anyone had tried putting an 05 radiator on an 04. would this even work at all or is it smaller for another reason other then just looks? thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
i don't see why not. but i'm not a mechanic.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
check the fiche on ronayers.com, but i think it's the same. the '04 and '05s are supposedly slimmer than the '03.

now the question is would the '04 or '05 fit the '03 and how much narrower are they?

there's also the rumor that first gen radiators are a direct bolt up, which would definitely solve the wideness problem

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
stranger said:
check the fiche on ronayers.com, but i think it's the same. the '04 and '05s are supposedly slimmer than the '03.

now the question is would the '04 or '05 fit the '03 and how much narrower are they?

there's also the rumor that first gen radiators are a direct bolt up, which would definitely solve the wideness problem
the 03 ones where much bigger then the 04 and 05's

·
Registered
32 Posts
03 & 04 have the larger radiator, 05 got the smaller one - i know - i have an 04 with a bent "mondo" radiator.  i think the smaller radiator would fair better in a crash.  i just can't see forking out the cash for a new 05 radiator when mine works fine. - jeff h

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I'm fairly positive the '05 radiator will bolt up to 04 and 03 no problem. I know if I ever destroyed my 03 radiator and had to buy a new one, it would definately be the '05, otherwise I'm just asking to have the same problem happen again.

·
Registered
667 Posts
The '05 radiators are slimmer. They bolt right up to the frame great, but the fan and horn mounts are different. I rigged mine to work, and I definately notice it is slimmer, but the best way to go would be to get an '05 fan as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts