site supporter
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Respond:
If SVRider did away with annoying non-motorcycle useless polls, I would:

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
My only gripe about polls: when you are subscribed to a thread with a poll, every time someone votes, it pops back up in your CP like a new post. Even when there is not a new post. That gets a little annoying.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Done, but i'm no closer to him. It will have to be some sort of e-beer.
He actually swings through NYC once or twice a year, I just haven't had the chance to buy him one yet.

Fatass - in all seriousness, I would like to see it be a rquirement to specify a date to close the poll portion of the thread. Maybe a 30 or 60 day max, that would keep the zombie polls from coming back without any new/pertinant info.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Cry like a little schoolgirl ....

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Meh, I kinda like the pointless polls. I mean, it is the open forum after all. Most times they are funny, or spurr interesting conversations on the subject.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
My only gripe about polls: when you are subscribed to a thread with a poll, every time someone votes, it pops back up in your CP like a new post. Even when there is not a new post. That gets a little annoying.
I'll add one more gripe: 3 year old polls can pop up to the front because some newbie votes on it. Max poll length should be 30 days.

·
...is no fun!
2,764 Posts
Meh, I kinda like the pointless polls. I mean, it is the open forum after all. Most times they are funny, or spurr interesting conversations on the subject.
The pointless polls are fun, but not the annoying pointless polls. I said not notice, but I would miss the non annoying polls (like this one). ;D

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
+ a whole bunch

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I don't see an option that implies you do NOT want SVR to do away with non-motorcycle related polls. I guess continue to eat bacon should have been my vote. I find some of them interesting, and some not. I vote to keep them as is with the one change that everybody likes about not showing it as a new post to the thread when only a new vote comes in.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
+100000000000000

I don't really get the polls. Does anyone on here really care what anyone else thinks?

I mean has a poll EVER changed anything?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts