Registered
5,104 Posts
Re: POLL: Is your bike a daily driver?

Change the subject title of the thread to: "POLL: Is your bike a daily driver?"

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Re: POLL

I take the bike to work as much as possible.
Reasons I won't take it are as follows.

1)Weather guessers are calling for lightning storms during my PM commute
2) More than 40% chance of getting soaked in the AM commute. PM is less relevant, I can change when I get home
3) Frost on the window in the AM makes me think twice (I'm not to the RandyO stage yet)
4) I have to deliver a sidejob after work.
5) Yet another inner ear infection  :mad:

·
Registered
13,319 Posts

I ride every day. Which kind of makes me wish I didn't just buy a new truck. However, I won't ride if:

1. The temp is below 32°F
2. It's lightning or lightning is predicted while I'll be out.
3. I'm out of gas.

I figure rain makes me more carefull. Chances are, I'll be caught in the rain if I go for a long trip somewhere, so I might as well get experience in it. The bike won't melt.

And since we're being critical of the title, I don't drive... I ride. ;D

·
Registered
52 Posts

It's either the bike or I'm walking/taking the bus. Which is what I'm doing now thanks to the deer :mad:

Oh, and the only time I don't ride it is when it's colder than 0 C in the morning (32 F)

·
Registered
93 Posts

My family has one car (Ford Focus) and two bikes. I ride one of the bikes nearly every day of the year, rain,snow wind etc. The wife has the car to transport the kids every day.

BTW, my bike is a daily rider, not driver.

Andy

·
Registered
8,152 Posts

Nope...I ride the bike for the ride, not to get from point A to point B. Heck, if the rides are more than 50 miles from my home, I have even started trailering there. Riding the highway blows chunks and why bother wasting the bike's miles or tires.

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts

DougZ said:
Nope...I ride the bike for the ride, not to get from point A to point B. Heck, if the rides are more than 50 miles from my home, I have even started trailering there. Riding the highway blows chunks and why bother wasting the bike's miles or tires.
About the same for me. Bike is my weekend/off-hours toy. I enjoy commuting in my truck.

·
Registered
76 Posts

Yep... most days it is my only means of transportation. My gf drives my car everyday, since she is currently without a car.

·
Registered
476 Posts

i ride my bike almost everywhere, except to work (i walk there). i just rode from cincy to chicago and back this weekend for the air and water show.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I double checked everything before I posted just so that I wouldn't get flamed due to specifics. What do I forget...daily "driver". sheesh. I should have seen that one coming. I've always been in a car, what can I say?

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
It's my only ride...well I could ride the F4i instead, but still thats two wheels.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
i work 3 miles from home, it isn't worth putting the helmet on for it, so no, unless i leave work early and go for a ride or have an appointment for service on the bike

·
Registered
536 Posts
I can't park a cage at work, but I can park the bike, so unless there's ice on the roads, I'm on the bike. If I'm creative about my route, I can actually hit some pretty fun roads to/from work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I feel like i have neglected a kid because i dont ride mine enough. when i move home i will be riding her everyday though after this weekend!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts