Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
61 - 80 of 2062 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Re: Plug and Play Smart (aTRE) for '03-'06 SV650

2/27/2008 UPDATE 2: SWITCHABLE Plug and Play aTRE Option now available!

I have decided to offer a second SWITCHABLE version of my aTRE. This version will still be the same smart plug and play design but will include a switch to allow you to switch between stock and TRE mode for on-the-fly comparison and eliminating the need to uninstall the aTRE to go back to stock timing. The switch will be on a 12 inch lead allowing you to mount it somewhere within reach.

The cost of my SWITCHABLE aTRE will be $35. I am also offering an $8 switch upgrade to all 2nd and 3rd batch orders that have been paid but not yet shipped.

All future PM requests for TREs should still include your email and quantity desired but also include which model you want. "SWITCH aTRE" or "STANDARD aTRE" so I invoice you for the correct amount.

·
Registered
105 Posts

I was one of the first to receive his aTRE.

Buttdyno says a lot more torque-y. More efficient delivery of power.

Faint neutral light at night.

·
Registered
98 Posts

I'm in, but it's going to be a few months. :)

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·

I just wanted to post a short note to let everyone know that I haven't forgotten about you, I have all the TREs built for everyone that has already paid but I am still waiting on the darn plugs and switches to arrive. I am really still hoping to get them all out by the end of the week with any luck, sorry for the delay. I have ordered more plugs to try to get a little ahead of demand so that future orders will go out quicker. I appreciate the support, please hang in there.

Thanks!
- Steve

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·

Hi Everyone,

I am still here! I know a lot of you are still waiting on your aTREs. Well I got 5 plugs today and will be shipping out the 2nd batch order units first thing Monday to the following members.

1. of_the_troops
2. MBIKEN
3. learnin4life
4. auraaura50
5. hank4444

I placed the plug order to fulfill the rest of the orders on February 25th and I thought I was going to receive all the plugs by this weekend but it didn't happen. Please hang in there all the units are ready to go, I just need to add the plugs when they arrive so I will be able to ship all paid orders out the day after the plugs come in. I contacted the seller last week and he assured me they shipped on the 25th, I am crossing my fingers that the will arrive this week.

In the meantime...

I did some testing regarding the neutral light ghosting. I have actually been corresponding with a very helpful forum member who happens to be an electrical engineer (thanks Gregg) about how to eliminate the ghosting. I tried adding another resistor to the design but it didn't remedy this cosmetic issue. I was told the ghosting phenomenon is a common problem in LED drivers, it is caused by the sneak current path through the 47K resistor and the transistor's Base/Emitter junction. The ghosting is purely cosmetic and very minor but I decided to take a few pictures for those who are curious to see what it looks like and how it compares the neutral light intensity when actually in neutral.

The pictures below were taken in a dark garage and you can see how minor the neutral ghosting is even in low light. Also I should say ghosting does NOT get any more intense as RPMs rise above 4k but it is present as shown below in the switchable aTRE in both on and off positions.

1. aTRE installed bike idling in NEUTRAL.

2. aTRE installed bike idiling in GEAR.

3. aTRE installed bike in GEAR REVVED to 4k RPMs.

·
Registered
888 Posts

Thanks for posting the pictures on the neutral light ghosting. i hope you keep up the work as I'll be looking to pick one up next month.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·

A bunch of plugs finally came in today, so more orders will be going out tomorrow!!

I am still building both versions of my aTRE so if you want one be sure to PM me with the version you want and your email address.

Thanks!!
- Steve

·
Registered
10,246 Posts

A bunch of plugs finally came in today, so more orders will be going out tomorrow!!

I am still building both versions of my aTRE so if you want one be sure to PM me with the version you want and your email address.

Thanks!!
- Steve
Steve - no rush on mine, the motor isn't even in the frame :lol:

61 - 80 of 2062 Posts