Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

2041 - 2051 of 2051 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Got my aTRE at the 10 day mark (which is pretty darn quick considering it is hand-made and had to ship from East Coast to California)! Nice, clean packaging, quality product!
Took me about 15 minutes to install (including 5 minutes to find a way to prop up my tank without the "included" prop). Honestly, it was an incredibly easy process, especially for someone who sarcastically calls themselves a Mechanic when they successful tighten a bolt.

Went for a ~90 minute ride after. I'd say that the aTRE did exactly what it is supposed to: A subtle smoothing of low-speed, low-gear riding. The herky-jerkiness was slightly reduced. I did NOT check/adjust the TPS while I had the tank up as I was eager to feel the difference of the 2 mods independently. I'll do the TPS in the next week or two.

Overall, I'm very pleased! Thanks again, Steve.

If anyone is on the fence about spending the 35 bucks --- just go for it. There's really no reason not to (unless you are heck-bent on making this a total DIY project). I was initially slightly concerned after reading others' feedback that engine braking will be reduced too much, but it actually feels more linear, and less abrupt, which is nice. 5-stars, A-plus, would-come-back, etc.

Also, I'm not gonna lie: taking the seat off and lifting the tank for the first time made me feel like a ....... wait for it ..... like a MECHANIC.

-JK

·
Registered
70 Posts
As far as I know he is, I just got a new one from him about 2 weeks ago. He took great care of me, got it to me much quicker than expected.getting me min

·
Registered
21 Posts
As far as I know he is, I just got a new one from him about 2 weeks ago. He took great care of me, got it to me much quicker than expected.getting me min
I hope he is. Just makes it easier to order from him. I guess I'll just wait for a message from him. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,048
Hey Everyone! Been quite a while since I have been on the forums but this season marks 10 years for Steve TRE. I am still making them but I sell them exclusively on Etsy now since its just easier to manage it all.

This may be the last year for my TRE production. Life changes a lot in 10 years. My SV is long gone and I am on to other hobbies and ways to spend my time.

For now you can find my TRE here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/stevestre

Thanks and Ride Safe!
-Steve

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm negligent for not having come back to report on the Steve's TRE I added to the Missus' '04 back in summer.
The bike did have some objectionable snatchiness and it wasn't helpful to say the least, especially not for the newer-ish owner.
The TRE mod was effective and changed the throttle behavior for the better enough to make the bike much more pleasant to ride in the heavier traffic around here.
Very much worth the money and probably the most bang-for-buck mod I did (besides Heli bars to save our old necks and wrists).
Thank you, Steve.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,050
I'm negligent for not having come back to report on the Steve's TRE I added to the Missus' '04 back in summer.
The bike did have some objectionable snatchiness and it wasn't helpful to say the least, especially not for the newer-ish owner.
The TRE mod was effective and changed the throttle behavior for the better enough to make the bike much more pleasant to ride in the heavier traffic around here.
Very much worth the money and probably the most bang-for-buck mod I did (besides Heli bars to save our old necks and wrists).
Thank you, Steve.
Thanks very much for the positive feedback! Sounds like my TRE is doing exactly what it has been intended to do. Smooth the power band and improve the drivability of the venerable Suzuki 650 and 1000 V-Twins.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Steve-
Good to hear from you.
I have an '03 SV1000 in my sights. I don't recall, is this TRE a good addition for that as well?
I have not ridden the 1000 so I don't actually know if the help is needed.

2041 - 2051 of 2051 Posts