Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
2001 - 2020 of 2061 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Got my aTRE from Steve not long ago, it was a real swift and easy install on my K8. However, I didn't really notice much of a difference. I dunno, maybe it was a bit smoother on lower revs (2-5k), but the "stuttering" is most definitely there on very low revs(1-2k). Perhaps this mod should be paired with TPS for best results?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I have the three way combo, Steve's aTRE, TPS adjustment and STV removal, the combined difference is noticeable and a real improvement. I did the TRE last and there is no doubt the other two mods helped as well, it's a little difficult to remember the individual effects since I did it....

I've got the switchable aTRE, won't be home for a few days but will try it switched on and off and will let you know....

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Got my aTRE from Steve not long ago, it was a real swift and easy install on my K8. However, I didn't really notice much of a difference. I dunno, maybe it was a bit smoother on lower revs (2-5k), but the "stuttering" is most definitely there on very low revs(1-2k). Perhaps this mod should be paired with TPS for best results?
The difference is felt at higher RPM in the lower gears only. The higher gears (4, 5 & 6 don't have limited timing, IIRC). The aTRE allows the timing to fully advance in the lower gears, which is not permitted in stock form.

I really noticed it on long, steep, curvy roads in the hills, where prolonged higher RPMs are necessary. It's also noticed when winding out the lower gears for maximum acceleration. The factory limits the timing advance for long term reliability considerations.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Tried it today on and off, not a huge difference but clearly feels more "free" in the mid range at partial throttle openings in the lower gears with the TRE on.

No stuttering or hesitation on mine, I'd say that is helped by TPS adjust and STV removal....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Gah. +2 on the rear, and this 2007 is STILL not as zippy as my old curvy was with the same gearing. The 2007 is when it "wakes up" and gives full power... but it's maddening in 1st and 2nd. Feels like it can't get out of its own way. The curvy just jumped when I said GO. I miss it something fierce, and that's not what should happen when you get a new bike.

Ordered. Might have to get a quick turn throttle as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got my aTRE a few weeks ago from Steve and finally got around to installing it on my 03 SV650. Got the tank up and noticed.....

http://imgur.com/a/XYgTS

My 03 SV650 has the triangle ECU plug like the SV1000. Anyone seen this before? Can I use the SV1000 aTRE instead?
Nevermind I'm stupid. That is the fuel pump plug, my normal square SV650 ECU/GPS plug was well buried. Got it plugged in, and it works great. Noticed an immediate difference in perkiness in the lower gears.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,010 ·
I ordered Steve's TRE on etsy in August and now October and no TRE. How many month's should I expect to wait before I receive it?
Paddy O - I haven't been on the forum in quite some time, super busy with the rest of my life, and because all my orders are through Etsy shop. https://www.etsy.com/shop/stevestre

I am now just seeing this. Did you get your TRE? I am not sure why you would post in this thread after 3 months rather than reaching out directly to me. If still not received your TRE please email me at [email protected] with your order number and I can look into it or refund your money.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,011 ·
Nevermind I'm stupid. That is the fuel pump plug, my normal square SV650 ECU/GPS plug was well buried. Got it plugged in, and it works great. Noticed an immediate difference in perkiness in the lower gears.
Glad you worked this out, you wouldn't be the first to find the wrong plug.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,013 ·
For those who might question the validity and cost of this device, its fair to say that its been tested over and over by hundreds if not thousands of users and shown to improve throttle response and drivability. I do not express or imply that it will increase horsepower or torque, boost your dyno numbers or do anything in gears 4, 5 or 6 and I never claimed it would!

So here are some basic facts....
- I have sold my TREs all over the world and shipped them to most countries on this planet.
- I have been making and selling my TREs to this forum for 8 years.
- I have had fewer than 3 returns of my product.
- I stand behind my product and will accept returns with a full refund, less original shipping cost, if you are dissatisfied for any reason. Simply return the unit in its original packaging.
- I offer a 1yr warranty on my unit from date of purchase which pretty much unheard for a hand made device made electronics devices that sells for $30.
- If you think I am making a killing on these devices you are wrong unless you value your time at pennies on the hour.
- The cost of my units covers parts, labor, shipping, handling, processing and convenience plus the cost including shipping of my standard unit has only increased $3 in 8years!!!
- Yes, you can perform this mod with very cheap parts but it will take you time to source these parts, understand how to permanently modify your wiring harness and requires additional effort undo if you no longer what the modification. You can also buy the correct plugs to make a unit like mine but again this require sourcing time, additional costs and the correct tools to properly install the terminals.
- My unit is plug-and-play and can be installed in minutes and removed easily without at any time without any modification to your factory wiring.

If you are interested in purchasing please visit https://www.etsy.com/shop/stevestre

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this still going? I gotta do a little reading, and pick one up if he's still active.
I received mine last week, and installed it today. I installed the T.R.E., adjusted my idle (to about 1250, was at about 900 and would occasionally stall), and lowered my TPS (to about 1600). My bike is performing SOOOOOOO much better! It did take about a week from order time till it shipped, but super happy about the product. Worth the wait.

2001 - 2020 of 2061 Posts