Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so yesterday I pretty much had half a track day wasted because I couldn't get my rear wheel back on properly. :angry1:

After I put the axle back in, I make sure the chain is adjusted to spec and the wheel is aligned. The problem is once I get it there, the right side adjuster is loose. I can wiggle it around inside the swing arm.

I tried stick a rag in the chain/sprocket and it helped a bit but It still wasn't right.

What am I doing wrong???

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
This is with the nut tightened down? Any chance you're missing a spacer?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
You're 100% sure you can't push the wheel any more forward with the axle nut loose? If you push forward does the adjuster tighten up?

Technically, if the chain is in spec, and wheel is aligned properly, the axle should hold it in place. Tighten up the adjuster once the axle is torqued down

unless I'm mis-reading this

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is with the nut tightened down? Any chance you're missing a spacer?
Do you mean the spacers on each each of the wheel? I have those in place.

You're 100% sure you can't push the wheel any more forward with the axle nut loose? If you push forward does the adjuster tighten up?

Technically, if the chain is in spec, and wheel is aligned properly, the axle should hold it in place. Tighten up the adjuster once the axle is torqued down

unless I'm mis-reading this
I thought I might be okay but it doesn't seem right to me. I don't like doing things half-assed, that's when murphy shows up.

I tried pushing on the wheel while adjusting them and still no luck, still had a small jiggle. I'm going to wait for my mech friend to help me.

Does anybody else have any comments before we go at it. :ears:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Don't forget the spacer inside the sprocket carrier. I had a shop forget to replace that one when they changed tire for me (never going there again) and they ruined my wheel bearings as a result. during the three days i was riding on it that way (didn't know better) I had a hard time getting the chain adjusted correctly. It wouldn't stay where I left it.
Could be the same issue you're having?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts