Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The two bolts under the seat.....are they threaded the same? Does counter-clockwise not work for both of them?
I actually broke the screwdriver that the bike came with trying to remove this bolt.

·
Registered
899 Posts
If you are talking about the two bolts that are under the seat closest to the tank and phillips head, then they are for the rear tail section and they come out in a counter clockwise fashon! Try a better screwdriver!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't get this thing off for anything.....I even tried wrenching the screwdriver....I'm going to strip this thing I know it. I've been working on it for about an hour.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
get a good screw driver that fits the head of the screw.. then put your weight down on it and unscrew that biatch

they can be tricky, but not as hard as you describe. careful not to strip them

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

Too late....I stripped the motherf*cker.

I used a wrench on the screwdriver.....broke the screwdriver.

I used a power drill.....and stripped the screw......now what?

I had every screw and rivet removed.....but the one.  So close.......

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it possible the half wit moron at the dealership put loctite on it?

What do I do....put everything back on and drive it to the dealer? Tell him he needs to remove the screw I stripped?

Then their going to charge me for the time....and its not even my fault. When the screw is on so tight that it breaks the screwdriver.....something is wrong....wouldn't you say?

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Impact Screwdriver ... about fifteen bucks ... you can get at Sears.

Worse comes to worse, you can use a Dremel with a cut off wheel and cut a groove for a straight screwdriver to bite into it.

You got to learn to use the impact driver before the screw gets damaged.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Man I have a whole bag of those crappy screws, they strip like they are made of bubblegum! BTW, the first time I took mine out they had blue loctite on them! Morons!

Drill them out and replace them with stainless! That's what I did recently. :)

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
first, throw that stupid tool kit away, those things are worthless, every single piece of that kit sucks.

now.. drill the screw out and replace it with something that doesnt suck so much ass

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wonderjosh said:
first,  throw that stupid tool kit away, those things are worthless, every single piece of that kit sucks.

now.. drill the screw out and replace it with something that doesnt suck so much ass
worked like a charm.

Next beer is on me. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unless wonderjosh has a mean set of double D's....

nope. :-\

1 - 13 of 13 Posts