Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 99 naked SV, and have a problem that does not seem to be common on these. Even though the bike has been garage kept, my tachometer gauge face has been peeling like paint. The white face is almost all gone and you can only see the digits up to about five grand, and then from ten up. I've been desperately searching for some company that makes aftermarket gauge faces for the naked SV650. I've been unable to find them online, but I think I'm lookin in the wrong place. A stock gauge face can only be purchased with the tachometer assembly and it's like $250!! If anyone can point me to a site that has gauge faces, I'd be forever in your debt. Thanx for your time.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Someone on here had made up there own? Do a search or look in the for sale section for a group buy on indiglo guages. dennis

·
Registered
2 Posts
Freakin' Morons

Let's just say I'm the freakin' moron and dropped my bike. Since I purchased it dropped, I now have two of what you're looking for. Thus, if you want one, you can gladly have it. I should add that removing the tach needle from the shaft is going to be a trying experience, but it should work. Plenty of people have done it. Just send me a PM with your address and I'll send it to you. You can even donate to my "new paint fund" if you'd really like to.

Peter LeDuc
Chico CA

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx

Hey, I appreciate all the replies. you guys are awesome.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got off the phone with street racer parts and they will have the reverse style in stock in a couple weeks. Allegedly..

·
Registered
290 Posts
I don't mean to drag up history, but I am having the same issue as Max on my '99 SV. It seems like it is progressively getting worse.

Am I to assume that replacement with a used part it the way to go??

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have joined those that have the Tach face plate peeling issue. Anyone have an extra, or one they could part out?

Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
MCseth--

I have posted in the message board area also, and join your pain. Please keep me posted as I have chosen to fix this winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts