Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you guys think they crash an awful lot.

I dropped her today.  :'( 

Going around a corner in the parking lot at school.

As safe as I thought my helmet was, the cable got caught(I think) and locked my handlebars up and we went boom.

My helmet(no one knows that helmet cannot be replaced(to me)) took the most hits and it wasn't on my head.

Broke the brake lever and the handlebar end. (already bought, fixing to go replace).

My legs are black and blue. Of course you can just touch me and I bruise, so who knows what I did.

I wanted to go to the emergency room to have them look at my EMBARRASSMENT!!!!!!!! As I dont think I will be wear my pink gear there again.

Please dont laugh. It had been a VERY BAD day and this made it worse.

Oh and my pipe is scratched. Crap.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
AlexJ said:
Oh no Suzanne!!! Glad that you are relatively OK - have a hot bath, it'll help the bruises. :-*
I swear to god, girls think bathes are the solution to all their problems. :p ::) :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wonderjosh said:
I swear to god, girls think bathes are the solution to all their problems. :p ::) :D

They are. You should try it once in a while.

Thank you ALex. After I eat I am going out there and replaceing her broke pieces. Its like breaking a nail. I have to go take care of it now! I could stand riding with a broke lever. Is that silly?

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Suzanne:

Sorry to hear about Josephine, but she will heal just fine with the attention of a mechanic-in-training.

I'm glad to hear you are all right, even if a bit bruised.

I'll now get to play doddering old protective guy -- Please put the helmet on your head even in the parking lot.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Yikes! Well you did get up and walk away ... the best kind of crash there is!

If you have broken lever and have all the broken parts, I can send you some AlumAloy
to weld it back together with a propane or MAPP gas torch.

My lever is now 2 inches shorter and looks almost like stock lever.

Lemme know ... it is like brazing if you have done that before, if not look for friend that has welding or brazing experience.

You can put new part on and keep repaired part for spare after it is fixed.

·
Registered
571 Posts
glad you're alright, but don't get too bummed over it.

everybody here has their story about how they tipped the bike over on the street, in their garage or whatever. it happens.

and i agree with old guy, please wear your helmet all the time. i'd hate to hear about one of our own hot sv chicks getting a new scar where they really don't want it.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
shermans_shazaam said:
They are. You should try it once in a while.
Oddly enough, I took a bath with my girly girl Sara yesterday, first time I've taken a bath-bath in a long time... twas nice.. but only because it was with a super sexy naked girl and in a big garden style tub.. normal tubs are too small for me.

I was just giving you a hard time anyway, because every girl ive ever dated was bath obsessed. :p Theres nothing wrong with it, I know it's just a normal girly thing to do. I think its kind of funny. :)

Sorry about your bike and your booboo. :(

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oldguy, the helmet will definetly stay on my head from now on. That helmet means to much to me for it to get ruined and not even wearing it!

Currently, I will look into welding the pieces back on. I did get a new lever today at work(yes! I now have a job, not that I was looking!) I am going to take it with me to school tomorrow and hopefully replace it there. The new ends are on and I dont know why it took me so long to get new ones.

Josh, I am glad you had a nice bath the other night especially with a hot little lady to share it with. I knew you were teasing. ;)

gilly, I am glad I didnt break my ankle, but ,man. It will be awhile before I put the pink stuff back on for school. :-[

schultzboy said:
glad you're alright, but don't get too bummed over it.

everybody here has their story about how they tipped the bike over on the street, in their garage or whatever. it happens.

and i agree with old guy, please wear your helmet all the time. i'd hate to hear about one of our own hot sv chicks getting a new scar where they really don't want it.
I debated on weither or not to post it. Your right, I dont want my face scared up.

I love you guys.

Alex. When you comin down? ;D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well your incident has convinced me NOT to repaint my SVS red..LOL
Glad you're ok. I saw you post on riding with a broken lever. I have an SV riding buddy who cuts all of his levers off to 1/2 length. It's the first thing he does to a bike.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
shermans_shazaam said:
Currently, I will look into welding the pieces back on.
Suz you are too damn hot for your own good.

I didn't realize when I read your post that you weren't wearing your helmet, please do, you are too pretty to mess that up. :'(

·
Registered
117 Posts
Suzanne-

glad to hear you walked away, I hope the booboo's heal. Think Josephine might be up for a ride Saturday, I may stay over Friday night and try and hook up with Mizzat and Vilrog and others for a ride saturday.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DrummerDave said:
How did it happen?

A cable caught your handlebars?   ??
I have a small shotgun cable that locks my helmet to my bars when I am in class. And only when I am in class.

Great today Alex! My leg is a little sore, all over the calf, but Josephine is fixed and you can't tell she ever hit the ground. I am still embarrassed and the pink leathers wont see school for awhile though.

Damn Buddha! I have to take Scotts son to the airport and I have yet to recieve his flight. So I dont know when it is. ???
I am so up for a ride. !!!

Ok, we have to go to work. I dont know why, they aren't going to give me a check, just an IOU. Damn cycle shops and their Arai helmets and leathers. jeez.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Insist on a check ... do not accept an IOU, you will get caught with a dealer who does not give a damn because he is getting paid by the insurance company, not you and you can bitch all you want ... nothing is going to happen.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts