Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was doing 10 the crown vic that ass ended me was doing 68. his fault. he didnt leave the scene. and it was an honest mistake. he aknowledged seeing me. so dont be mad at him for me. bike is done for. and my bike is mildly broken, its recoverable. no paralyzation.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm hating that for you. Good luck on a speedy recovery. You seem to have a pretty good attitude, all things considered. I hope to see a follow up on this with some pictures of you STANDING next to your new bike. Good luck on a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
289 Posts
That sucks, hope you recover soon. It may have been an honest mistake, but they still should have been aware of their surroundings and not hit you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Holy crap! Is the picture deceiving or is that bike in awesome shape for being struck by a vehicle with about a 60mph difference in speed? Good to hear that it is repairable (or maybe not good to hear if you really wanted an insurance payout instead!).

Good luck on your recovery and getting your bike back together.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Glad you are ok and good to hear the guy admitted his mistake. From the pics it looks like the bike made out better than you. May be repairable (like you). However I would push for a total claim though from the insurance anyway. A 60mph+ crash probably will cause some hair line cracks or something unseen in some bad places.

·
Registered
89 Posts
glad to hear you pulled out of it alright. Its a good thing the guy was honest and stopped. Most people around here would have ran.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Glad to hear you made it through that rear ender in not too bad of shape. Sucks that it happened, but I must hate on the other driver for you.

People need to not only pay more attention to what traffic is doing, but if they are known not too, they need to not follow so close when when stopped traffic catches them by surprise they have enough room to stop and not cause an accident. And if they were on a cell phone they need to be beaten.

Off soapbox now.

Heal quick and feel better soon.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i went out looking last night. this guy must have been flying. because i wasnt hard on the brakes. and i remembered passing him almost a mile back. he was stationary when i did.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah. it should have been worse for me but it wasnt. i remember seeing his headlight shining in my face. the bike flipping over me. the thoughts as i was rolling. trying to stand and get out of the street. it was horrible and it was only ten seconds long. i came to a stop 75 ft from where i was hit. two of my lumbar vertebrae are broken on the side. and i have some road rash. but ill be ok.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
heres the after wreck pics of me and the bike

flat sided wheel both rims

my leo mid pipe and m4 slip gone

actually broke the rearset

amazingly the handlebars arent bent they are just rolled back, but my controls are gone. but the levers are in one piece so i have a set of shorty levers up for grabs

i also have a two brothers juice box pro that i will salvage if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
update. road rash is getting better. more mobility as of now. i drove for the first time since the wreck yesterday, i was actually scared. minor aches and pains but intense fetal position in the floor ones here and there. docs actually made me go back to work today, i couldnt even put my uniform on. supervisor said were decent civies and chill at my desk.

cant look at the bike without feeling sadness.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts