Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to put together a sweet photo gallery / slideshow of all SVs that have been plasti-dipped. I will design it and host the entire thing on my server, so that it will stay up for years to come.

I think it would be rad to have all the pictures in one place for easy and quick viewing!

If you are interested in donating your pictures to this new gallery shoot me a quick email at [email protected] ... Please include your name, location, and SV rider profile link with your picture so that you can get proper credit for your bike!

I have done some google searches and searched throughout this forum, but haven't found very much on the subject.

Plus if people are just looking to see pictures it is tough to search through 10 pages of forum text to see one zoomed in picture that doesn't show much.

I know there are a handful of threads about plastidip and plastidipping bikes throughout the forums, but there aren't many pictures.

Well it just got gorgeous out. Time to take the ol' bike for a spin! :vroom:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you thinking entire bikes, or just parts?

When I replaced the shifter tip with a bolt, I made the head round in a lathe and then plasti-dipped the end so it's black and rubbery, like the ribbed rubber piece, and doesn't wear my boot.

Might do a few other small bits, just because of the look and durability.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking whole bikes! Or at least the majority of the bikes. We could definitely do a separate one for closeups for if people just did a couple parts...

There just don't seem to be many pictures of any bikes (let alone SVs) that have been plasti dipped all over.

I have a few cool color combinations I have been thinking about with the plastidip, but would love to see what others have done. Anybody plasti-dipped their bike and want to show them off?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think this is an awesome idea; I keep all of my pictures on blogger so I can add to it as I upgrade certain parts of the bike. I don't have any parts dipped, but would you be willing to broaden your site to include those of us that were brave enough to rattle can large areas? I enjoy seeing a good home made paint job too.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i was actually going to do this to my new SVXR body kit going all mopar green and then taping it off and shooting plastidip flat black and that way i can change the accents on my bike when ever i like lol i will post pixs when i start.

·
Registered
443 Posts
How is this going, is there a gallery yet? My local friend and I are working on rebuilding my front forks and plastidipping them black to try and match the frame. Sould love to see the work of others!

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
I am dipping my bike right now out of cans.

I was tired of looking at a mismatched yellow tank.

I'll be honest, it definitely looks like a spray can product. It'll probably look good from 10ft away.

It'll probably be better once I let my friends hit it with some Sharpie like my helmet.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
There aren't any pics in the "pics thread"... :confused1:

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
I should report that I left my magnetic tank bag on the bike out in the sun and it's damaged the plastidip. It's even peeling in places.

I should decide soon if I like the white better than the yellow.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I should report that I left my magnetic tank bag on the bike out in the sun and it's damaged the plastidip. It's even peeling in places.

I should decide soon if I like the white better than the yellow.
How did it damage it?

I'm just curious cause I've got almost 1000 miles on my plastidip and besides surface scratches from my gear it's holding up great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been debating on dipping my bike. My paint isn't perfect so I thought a dip would be a nice alternative to a new paint job. That said, my paint isn't horrible either. I'd hate for the dip to cause problems and end up making my paint even worse, forcing me to get a new paint job sooner then planned/affordable.

There's a video on youtube of a guy who swears the dip messed up/dulled the clear on his fairings. Anyone else have any similar issues?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts