Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
those little plastic pop rivet thingies that hold the tail section on underneath are breaking. i know pep boys or sears has replacements, but i'm unsure of the size. anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I crashed a recent track day and needed to replace 4 of mine. I just got them at the dealership...I think they were a little over $2 each.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they have packages of all different sizes at auto stores. i'd like to avoid paying $2 a piece for stupid plastic pieces, which is why i was asking about the size so i can get the right ones the first time

·
Registered
171 Posts
They're 1/4 inch push retainer spreader plugs (not pop-rivets)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
03-SV650RR said:
They're 1/4 inch push retainer spreader plugs (not pop-rivets)
am image-google search for "plastic pop rivets" returns exactly what i was looking for. they may be 1/4 inch long, but i was looking for circumfrance/size to fit in the hole.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
did you try just taking on out and brining it to the auto parts store??

·
Registered
171 Posts
1/4 inch is the diameter of the hole they go into. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Tiger1 said:
You could probably call the dealer and they can look it up and tell you what size they are.
bwaaa

·
Registered
153 Posts
Glad you posted this thread. I need about 6 of these things and thought I could only get them froma dealer. Glad to know auto parts stores carry them.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mrwoo said:
Glad you posted this thread.  I need about 6 of these things and thought I could only get them froma dealer.  Glad to know auto parts stores carry them.
ronayers has them too. but for about $1.50 each, they add up

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just came back from several auto parts store and couldn't find the clips. So checked bikebandit.com and they have them for .95cents. Guess I will be ordering a handful from them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts