Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm borrowing a Pit Bull fork stand from a buddy. He used it on his old NSR, and may or may not be able to use on his Ducati 916. It works like a champ on the SV. Anywho, he may be willing to sell it to me. What would be a good price? I already have a front and rear stand from Flyncycle. Thanks for any ideas. -Mac

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I'm borrowing a Pit Bull fork stand from a buddy. He used it on his old NSR, and may or may not be able to use on his Ducati 916. It works like a champ on the SV. Anywho, he may be willing to sell it to me. What would be a good price? I already have a front and rear stand from Flyncycle. Thanks for any ideas. -Mac
IMO, about 60-80% of what a new one costs. They don't wear out, so the range is more about appearance than anything else. If it looks brand new, then it's worth a little more than if it's all scratched and nicked.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
:iamwithstupid: ;D

Pitbulls are incredibly over-engineered.
They are very rugged and will last you the rest of your life.

Is it the triple tree stand that has a pin that goes up under the triple?

If so, grab that as fast as you can. If it is the one that lifts under the forks, I would pass and wait for a triple tree type. It is more stable and you can take your forks off with that one.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Soundds familure to me. I was at a friends hows and he just sold his R6. I seen his stands in the garage and asked, he just gave them to me. Best part was they fit with little modifications.

I would say buy it if it has the triple point thingy

·
Registered
8 Posts
IMO, I would say $100 and under would be a good price and more then fair especially if it is in good condition.

However, you can find deals from time to time as I did yesterday when I picked up an excellent condition Pit Bull rear stand for $55.

Since he is your buddy and is already letting you use it, I am sure he will not try to get over on you.

Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts