Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want different tires for my KLS250sf sumo, the stock IRC tires suck, great mileage but very slick, I want something with more traction for street use.

Here is the problem, Pirelli is out of the Rosso II in the 140/70/17 rear that is close to the stock 130/70/17. I would have to go to a 150/60/17 (which will fit) and probably go with a 120/60/17 front. Rumor has it though that the bike will be more sluggish and drop some gas mileage. I am looking to rejet anyways in the near future. I only have 19 hp as it is. :vroom:

Or

I can go with the Demon tire in stock sizes of 110/70/17 and 130/70/17.

I prefer the Rosso but I've never ridden on the Demon tire.

Any opinions on the Demon tire?

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I assume you mean the Sport Demon, not a bad tire but it's bias ply. Commonly used on older Ninja 250s.

You can get BT003RS in 110/70 front and 140/70 rear, I hear good things about them.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the sport demon. I ended up ordering them in the stock size. The IRC's on the bike are bias ply as well. Once Tubliss comes out with a system for 17" rims, I'm running that with normal tires after that.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Most 'tard riders run tubes in radials.

And good luck on that. My KTM got stolen 3 years ago, I'd been hoping to get Tubliss stuff for it all the way back then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.