Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this site and I really like all the information so I thought I would ask a question. I've had my Sv for almost a year now and everything is pretty much stock on it. I was wondering if i could get some help on picking out a pipe? I know a couple guys who have Yoshi pipes and I like how they sound and I'm leaning toward that, but what do you guys think about other brands of pipes? I also want something that looks different than "normal", like high mount or dual..etc... so if anyone could show me pics of what they did to theirs, that would be great too. Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like the Yoshimura -- don't see them that often on the SVs. And as you mention, they have a unique tone to them.

Renegades are your main option for duals, but they are pricey (around $1000) -- especially for a slip-on. I used to have a set of these, and they were the sweetest sounding exhaust I have ever heard on an SV. It really does replicate the Ducati rumble.

I have an M4 on my bike now. It's widely regarded to yield the best horsepower, and therefore is very common on racebikes. The sound is OK, nothing special. I chose the M4 mainly for the performance gains. (My bike may be converted into a race bike next year.)

Akrapovic makes a very nice exhaust . I've never met an Akrapovic I didn't like. They only make one model for the first-gen SV, and it's a low-mount full system.

But the exhaust brand that has REALLY impressed me lately is Leo Vince. I only recently had a chance to see some of these up close, and the workmanship is amazing. I previously held Akrapovic as the standard-bearer of workmanship and weld quality, but Leo Vince wears that crown now -- especially for their "Factory" line of exhausts that they make for other bikes. There used to be a Leo Vince full system that was made for the first-gen SVs, but apparently it is no longer being imported here. (You can still buy the slip-on system though.) However, rumor has it that the Leo Vince full systems made for the 2nd-gen bikes will pretty much bolt right up.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Get a HighMount HoleShot (www.holeshot.com) exhaust, I've got one in black and it looks primo and sounds badass... plus the price is right and the company provides the best service you'll find anywhere... I really don't need to say anything else, just get it, you WON'T BE DISSAPPOINTED!! ;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts