Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I think its a disrobed Superhawk? (Its a V-something i think)

·
Registered
127 Posts
wow, that is pretty sharp!! (literally  :p)

and that metallic/chrome red looks hot.

i would defiantly ride that thing!

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ShaggyZ said:
Frame is wrong and the wheels are RC51. USD Forks. Same with the tail and the headlight
Headlight looks too streamlined to be RC51, the 51s headlights are more blocky (has the air damn in the middle too which I cant see). They really look like a zx-9 headlight to me.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
evilbologna said:
Headlight looks too streamlined to be RC51, the 51s headlights are more blocky (has the air damn in the middle too which I cant see). They really look like a zx-9 headlight to me.
True... but when the headlight is that chopped up can you really tell? Still, I'm certain it's RC51. Perhaps closer to what the Super Hawk should be than it is, IMO

·
Registered
571 Posts
wacky_woodchuck said:
I like it... I would keep the paint, but ditch the chrome for some sweet black...Then it's be perfect.
+1...i would ditch all of that chrome for black. that would make that red really pop.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
You sure it's a 51? It's a Honda for sure - but there doesn't seem to be nearly enough radiator, and it's in the wrong place. No where close to the area needed for that motor.

Where's the ram air duct? The forks are wrong as well. The Showa on the 51 has a very different brake mount and the compression adjuster is forward of the slider. Single exit exhaust, too.

This is what I get for staring at them at work all day......stoopid details.

Methinks it's a relative of the Hawk GT. Single sided swingarm and the frame config seem right - but it's not a GT.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, brett, but a google image search set me straight on it NOT being a Hawk GT. The frame doesn't look quite right to me to be a RC51, either. That tube running from the steering head almost straight down and under the engine does not look RC51 at all.

The SSSA has been done on RC51's before, though, so who the hell knows?

That's my idea of a great streetfighter, though. One that you can't figure out, and have to study to even try.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts