Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pillion seat is in pretty tough shape. The leather Corbin on the front is holding up well, but years of wearing a backpack have worn out the leading edge of the pillion seat.
I do have a spare seat cover from a spare seat, but it is the same crappy vinyl. Any good ideas on covering to fix the pillion? I am leaning toward getting leather to do it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My pillion seat is in pretty tough shape. The leather Corbin on the front is holding up well, but years of wearing a backpack have worn out the leading edge of the pillion seat.
I do have a spare seat cover from a spare seat, but it is the same crappy vinyl. Any good ideas on covering to fix the pillion? I am leaning toward getting leather to do it.
If you have the tools I would remove the vinyl, and wrap it in leather.
If you can get a good colour to tie in with the bike. It would look neat.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
My Sargent seat came with a nice cover for the pillion made of matching material. Maybe you could get one from them? Really does look nice on it and you don't need to remove the stock cover. Or maybe Corbin offers a similar cover that would match your current seat? Probably worth a call anyhow.:)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Sargent seat came with a nice cover for the pillion made of matching material. Maybe you could get one from them? Really does look nice on it and you don't need to remove the stock cover. Or maybe Corbin offers a similar cover that would match your current seat? Probably worth a call anyhow.:)
great idea! thanks.
I'm not ready to give up the backpack, it has what I need for work no matter which vehicle I take. i have the Givi case n the back, so do not tour with a back pack. The Corbin is a very high quality leather.

·
very big dumb
8,897 Posts
just buy a replacement on ebay and sell me your trashed one so i can use it as a givi base ;)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just buy a replacement on ebay and sell me your trashed one so i can use it as a givi base ;)
I have a second seatbase that I have drilled for a tool box or topcase. I pulled off the padding and added plywood covered with gray carpet. I drilled the base and toolbox to match, and it is a great combo when I need it.

It was not as good as a Givi base due to the size of the top case. I could not move around on the seat as much, so I mounted a luggage rack and routinely use the Givi on that.

·
very big dumb
8,897 Posts
It was not as good as a Givi base due to the size of the top case. I could not move around on the seat as much, so I mounted a luggage rack and routinely use the Givi on that.
i'm planning to go with a small box, so might work a bit better (something that's at most like 1 helmet sized)
if not that route, then I may just grab a soft bag (roughly tank-bag sized) that will strap to the seat.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have mine and my bike was stolen last year. I will sell it to you for whatever is a fair price if you are interested. I can't do anything with it. I also have a blue grab bar and probably a manual and a couple other accessories.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For now, I'm putting my spare eat cover on it. I'll order leather and make that change in the winter.

·
Registered
336 Posts
RecoilRob said:
My Sargent seat came with a nice cover for the pillion made of matching material. Maybe you could get one from them? Really does look nice on it and you don't need to remove the stock cover. Or maybe Corbin offers a similar cover that would match your current seat? Probably worth a call anyhow.
My Sargent seat came with the pillion cover, if you want to see how it looks check it out here
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2594353&postcount=5

1 - 14 of 14 Posts