Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else going?
Ducati has been putting up some pretty awesome pics from their practice runs, and I'm excited to see Audi's new hill climber as well.
They killed it two years ago with an unmanned TT, but their ride this year is pretty stunning.

How do you think the pavement will affect times this year?
Heading down tomorrow evening.
Especially excited for some sidecar action.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try to grab some pics of it on Sunday.
Weather's looking decent, so I think the GF and I will ride down on the SV tomorrow afternoon and camp with friends.

Here's a pic from the practice run on day one:

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
I'm sure the bikes will do much better this year with no more dirt. Not sure how I feel about it though. The fact that the race was pavement and dirt made it more interesting IMO.
It didn't seem to matter much to Carlin. He was still the fastest up the hill on a motorcycle and the third fastest overall.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All of the times were significantly faster on pavement this year.
Last year, Monster Tajima was the first to break the 10 minute mark, and that record was beat handily on Sunday...twice, both in the 9:43 range.

Insane.
The multi-hour red flag was a drag however, due to Foley's wreck and the three cars that went missing one after the other between the corner we were on, and the next check point.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, two major accidents and no serious injuries between the two drivers and co-driver.
The other wreck is on YouTube as well, and happened when one of the unlimited class cars' throttle stuck seconds after starting.
He came out of a turn at 130mph and flew straight into the trees, slicing through them like a knife.
He walked away amazingly.
Cage and HANS device saved a few lives.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts