Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the pics of my recent trip to the Outer Banks of NC.  Now, since I'd never been this route with the bike before, and I was worried about being back home before dark, I failed to stop and take as many pictures as I wanted.  Here's a few that I took.

The bike all loaded up and ready to go!

Waiting at the ferry.

This is why you don't park your bark unattended at the NC state line sign when it's windy.

On the ferry.

A group of Mazda Miata owners that I caught up with.  They were going for breakfast.

Anyway, that's it.  285 Miles.  I'll post a map up later at lunch, since I don't have the time right now.

·
Registered
571 Posts
i haven't gotten around to taking a trip to the outer banks on my bike yet. i really want to though.

one question. were you at all worried about your bike on the ferry ride? i've had thoughts that you'd basically have to stand by your bike for the entire ride to make sure it didn't tip over from the rocking of the boat. but maybe i'm just being paranoid.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
The ferries are quite smooth riding in good weather. I actually slept in the shade next to my bike for a while on the way back to the mainland. It's a pretty boring bike ride, actually, since it's just a straight road down the shore. But it's pretty country, and I'm glad I did it at least once. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts