Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up a nice condition 2000 naked a couple of months ago and started the moding process. I thought I would show the results and try to include as much information for those looking for parts and mods for the 1st generation. Being 10 years old I found it is getting harder!

I installed a Power Bronze belly pan I got off ebay for about $130.00 Tons of them on ebay right now for the 1st gen pretty cheap! It included all the hardware and mounted up perfectly. I personally like having a little color down by the front header. It just makes the bike look more balanced.

Next was the Targa solo seat cowl. I picked it up for about $130.00 from solomotoparts.com. A good site! Also, very simple to mount up. Finished out the tail and makes the bike look sleek!

The flyscreen is a Buell Blast flyscreen that I bought used from ebay. Price was about $40.00. Then either go on line or brave your local Harley dealer and order the left and right Buell M2 windscreen mounting brackets. They cost about $20.00 for the set. I picked up some small 8x32 1/2 inch long screws and some nuts from Lowe's and you are set! The Blast flyscreen and the M2 brackets mount up perfect without any modification on the SV. You can find a great sticky thread on the Buell Blast screen. I like the look of a flyscreen and it definiely is helpful to keep the wind off your chest.

I had a local paint shop match the painit and paint the parts for about $200.00. They did a really good job, but the grand candy blue found on the 1st gen bikes is difficult to match.

Lastly I added the Delkevic titanium shorty exhaust. This is the one that is about 14 inches long. Love the sound and looks! There is a great thread on this if you want more info. It is currently on ebay for around $200.00

So, stuff is out there, you just have to dig a little. The costs for these mods isn't to huge and the results are fantastic! The open tube frame of the 1st gen and a few of these mods get people looking and asking me about my bike since it is not common looking. Of course, when you fire up the v-twin with the delkevic, you really get heads turning!

·
Registered
221 Posts
yea that puts mine to shame. yours is a beautiful blue, mines a rattle can blue with silver(original color) chips popping up... gotta love PO's and their half assed paintjobs. love the mods btw

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea that puts mine to shame. yours is a beautiful blue, mines a rattle can blue with silver(original color) chips popping up... gotta love PO's and their half assed paintjobs. love the mods btw
Hey, nothing wrong with rattle caning! I almost did this, but the Color Rite matched paint was almost as much as getting the job done by the pros. I've rattle can painted lots of stuff and if you do it right, it can last for a while. BTW, I like your sig line!

·
Registered
221 Posts
yea the PO put shi**y clear coat on mine, so now with the heat fluctuation in TN its got this nice textured cracking paintjob :D

thanks a lot. if you like things like that go to http://zeitgeistmovie.com/ and watch the 2007 movie. the other one is more about the monetary system in the US and how money never existed to begin with. but i can go on a rant for hours just watch the movie. :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just added the Lockhart Phillips (LP) clear tail light to my bike and I love it!. Updates the look, nice and bright and gets rid of the big red tail light. This is the tail light housing that is clear, but uses red inserts to give the red glow. It is not the LED integrated tail light that Clear Alternatives sells. Paid $15 new off ebay.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just added the Lockhart Phillips (LP) clear tail light to my bike and I love it!. Updates the look, nice and bright and gets rid of the big red tail light. This is the tail light housing that is clear, but uses red inserts to give the red glow. It is not the LED integrated tail light that Clear Alternatives sells. Paid $15 new off ebay.
link? i want :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts