Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/img]100_0036.JPG(0.04 MB); 100_0037.JPG(0.04 MB); 100_0038.JPG(0.04 MB); 100_0039.JPG(0.04 MB); 100_0040.JPG(0.03 MB); 100_0041.JPG(0.04 MB); 100_0042.JPG(0.04 MB); 100_0043.JPG(0.04 MB)[/list]

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is pretty hot! My congrates on one of the best looking fairing jobs I have seen on an sv. Most sv's with another bike's bodywork looks like... well an sv with another bike's bodywork. Yours looks oem. Great work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, I did all the work myself. It probably cost me around 250 for the whole deal. The headlight and fairing stay account for 125.00 of it.
The rest was paint and lots of patience. Still not quite finished though.

B

·
0 Posts
How hard was that to do? Man i would love to do something like that. Your bike looks awsome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wasn't very hard. It was just time consuming. I had to gather up all the parts from ebay. modify the gsxr fairing stay and side fairings, to fit the bike. Filled the turn signal holes for a smooth finish and flipped by bars upperside down and 180 degrees to get clearence from the upper fairing. Soon to come are suzuki decals and gsxr frontend, and also rear seat cover. I have more pictures but most are from later in the project when I finally got a camera.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No it rides just fine. I pop wheelies all the time and that does not cause it to hit either. The only thing I can find that I don't really like are the mirrors. they look cool however you can't see anything behind you. So I am planning to change to stock gsxr mirrors and flushmounts, because I ride in the city and am constantly looking over my shoulders.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That does look good and all BUT...don't you feel dumb when other people with actual gixxers pull next to you on the open roads and then take off and you're left in their dust?? People will be wondering "where the hell did that guy go??" They will expect more from you since your on a "Gixxer" right? To me that's like the people who put Acura emblems all over their Civic's...or people who put Type R emblems and stickers on cars that aren't. It's trying to be something that it's not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not really, anybody that rides, will no right away that this is an sv and not a gsxr. The obvious signs are all still there. The rumble of the v'twin The dual lines for taillights. The way the frame looks compared to a gsxr. Also that metallic silver wasn't an option on the 04/05 600 or 750, it was only available on the 03 1000. All this does to the bike is inhance the look the bike already has just like a body kit for a civic changes the look alittle bit but it is still recognizable as a civic. I like my bike but on top of that I want people to know that I just whooped there ass on an sv650.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is more like putting an NSX front end on a Civic body...it's not just an enhancement. It's a complete identity makeover. Ever see the guys that put Escalade front ends on their Silverado's? To me it's the same thing...imposters. But regardless of what I think you did a great job and I give you props on the unique job there bro. Ride hard and keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i dont get it.. if you want it to look like a gixxer why dont you just buy one. Anyway looks good

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you have to have the gsxr fairing stay. The frame mounting holes are just a little to close so I bored the bottom out. And bolted it up. my bike is a the naked version so I had to move my speedo down to the fairing stay. I just drilled two holes in the top of the fairing stay to match the speedo and mounted it up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I like the sv alot. It cost me 5800 brand new. I have put very little money into. The body cost me only 250 including light and fairing stay. Outside of regular maintence this bike only cost me 6050. Where as the gsxr 750 which I would have to buy would cost me at least 9000 grand. I will buy one eventually but I am a student by day and server by night so it might be a little while. Also I don't think I will ever get rid of my sv even when the new bike comes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know there are alot of people out there with gsxr parts on there bike, whether it is a shock frontend body parts wheels ect. Just because they want to improve the bike alittle bit they should buy a gsxr right?

·
Registered
128 Posts
But those are functional modifications. Replacing the stocker with a gixxer shock or front end improves performance...not just a cosmetic alteration. You should have spent that money towards some suspension work, you would have been much happier. Though your bike looks like a gixxer it still rides like a stock SV.

The Traxxion drop-in kit is around $300 and you can find a used gixxer shock on ebay for less than $40. Function over fashion.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts