Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been neglecting my SV this summer... :-[

To try and make it up to her I took her on a little spin up in the high peaks.

Started off heading into the mountains through Golden Gate canyon...

Hooked up onto the Peak to Peak

Up into Rocky Mtn National Park (Trailridge rd)

Finished up over Berthoud pass, then super slabbed it back to Denver...

Full Gallery Here:

http://gauss.smugmug.com/gallery/763829

·
Registered
238 Posts
schweet. I dig the Sv in touring mode. I just realized I've got a full disposable cam full of pics of my St. Louis trip. I was in full on tour mode with tankbag, saddlebags and shit strapped to the passenger seat ;D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Good report

Good report and beautiful pictures. I can't wait to ride out West. Ever since I went to Glacier National Park the appeal of motorcycling became so much more apparent. You're lucky to have such beautiful roads so close.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome, man, looks like a blast. I took the car up there early this summer, and its still a great drive. I'd love to take a bike up there. Actually, I'd love to just have a bike, period...lol. Hopefully within a month I'll be fixing that.
Good stuff!
-Ben

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RckyMtnSV said:
Awesome, man, looks like a blast. I took the car up there early this summer, and its still a great drive. I'd love to take a bike up there. Actually, I'd love to just have a bike, period...lol. Hopefully within a month I'll be fixing that.
Good stuff!
-Ben
There were a lot of bikes up there...a lot of Harleys (I was asked a couple of times "you expecting rain?"...didn't have the heart to tell them that was just my riding gear, and my rain gear was in the tank bag  :p..just told them that I expect to be surprised...), and a mish mash of other bikes...I'm going to head up there this fall in a car with my girl when the Aspen turn and the Elk are bugling...Beautiful state, I'm guessing by your screen name you're around these parts, when you get a bike drop me a PM if you're looking for someone to ride with..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice pics in your album. I like the composition on this one of Berthoud.

If you're looking for fall colors you should ride Squaw Pass to Mt Evans, or Hoosier Pass behind Breckenridge when the leaves turn.

Muddturtle, the roads are great. You can carve canyons all day and never hit the same stretch twice. The best thing is that they're right out the back door for some of us.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Muddturtle3 said:
Beautiful scenery....but how are the roads?  I'd love to take my bike on a cross country ride....
The roads are pretty good. C-DOT does a pretty good job taking care of potholes and what not...but it really varies from stretch to stretch...there are a lot of rural dirt driveways connecting to roads, so you do get a fair amount of gravel in corners, especially early in the spring...some roads are better than others, some are a bit washboarded on uphill corners especially...and well, route 6 ( the usual way to get up to the south end of Peak to Peak) is closed (in part) due to a landslide...so sometimes they are really bad ;)...the paricular roads from Saturday, Golden Gate was nice and gravel free (i think it's got a fairly new surface)...Peak to Peak was OK...some patched blacktop, a fair amounth of wash boards and some tar snakes, but not bad at all really, hardly worth mentioning...the end of 72 was freshly surfaced though, and there was just a little bit of loose gravel at the extreme outside of lanes, but nothing to worry about...the roads in the park are amazingly well groomed considering parts of them are under snow for half of the year (but there is a lot of traffic so the pace is slow)...Berthoud pass was fine on the west side, the east side they were resurfacing in areas, so it was down to dirt in some stretches, and other were ground down with the familiar checkerboad groves that make the front end wallow a bit, but is really not bad at all...

In general they are much  better than the roads where I grew up back in upstate NY.

asp125 said:
Nice pics in your album. I like the composition on this one of Berthoud.
If you're looking for fall colors you should ride Squaw Pass to Mt Evans, or Hoosier Pass behind Breckenridge when the leaves turn.
Thanks, I'm definitely going have to check them out, Squaw pass especially...

·
Registered
786 Posts
I went up for Cyclefest last week and ended up keeping my Cyclefest money in my pocket and just riding all weekend! We had a condo in Silverthorne and figured, there aren't too many times you are into the mountains and hour and a half already. rode all over the place last weekend, it was a good weekend to do so! I'm in Denver too, if you ever want to ride.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah, I'm in the area. Ft. Collins to be exact. When (and if) I get a bike, I'll def. hit the colorado people up for a ride some time.
Its killing me though, so many good roads around here. We've got the Poudre canyon right in the back yard, its a blast in the car. Horsetooth reservior is even closer, too. Great for a quick jaunt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts