Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several weeks ago I put my bike back together, with addition of several new parts .  She is still rashed up  :'( but, puting on a Catalyst body kit instead of a OEM front fairing soon.  Here are several pics.

·
Registered
238 Posts
damn you came out lucky. That doesn't look bad at all. I was expecting all kinds of broken shit. Hope it's an easy fix for you.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Not too bad looking...

Where the frame sliders? Just playing with you... bet those will be first on the list, right?

I am in the same boat, When I come into some more money, I am just going to go with some nicer body work rather than go OEM.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new pieces are left mirror, windscreen, grips, gear shifter, rear turn signal, and passenger grab rail. She's still beat up but doesn't look to shabby. In pic #2 you think the amber running lights are illegal? They look really cool from away.

The way I crashed there is no way frame sliders would have helped. I got luck with my somewhat minimal damage. Check out my home made radiator fix. Bent that baby back so she bolted up nicely. Few pics for ya.

Before

After

·
Registered
359 Posts
Mrwoo said:
Check out my home made radiator fix. Bent that baby back so she bolted up nicely. Few pics for ya.
I am a little shocked that thing does not leak at all...

Have you taken it around the block yet?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It had a little wet spot in one area but not leaking. So put some stuff like bondo a no wet spot anymore. I have put approx. 400miles on my new fix. I use my bike to commute to work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mrwoo said:
It had a little wet spot in one area but not leaking.  So put some stuff like bondo a no wet spot anymore.  I have put approx. 400miles on my new fix.  I use my bike to commute to work. 
your pretty brave using that radiator fix stuff...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Temp fix should have a new radiator in a couple weeks. My bike runs at the same temp as before the accident.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts