Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished the front end swap today (about 90% with the last 10% being the gauges). Essentially, I chopped the dummy lights off the lower portion of the gauge cluster and soldered in LEDs into the gauge face, works perfectly and looks trick, just waiting to fab up some brackets. Thanks to TWF especially, but everyone else who supplied invaluable information on parts and such. I'm proud to say after the sale of my orignal sv parts, the whole swap cost me $300 and change including a new Michelin Pilot Road up front. Rode it around NJ and the City today and the turn in is truly amazing. I'm working on finishing the front end with the stock GSXR steering damper, I'll post more pics this week.  :)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
neato!!

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
looks awesome.
+1 karma to you for such a great looking swap...
cant wait to see how you do the gauge mount. how did you mount the headlight? any chance on gettin closeup pics?

im sure it will feel alot better after you ditch the z4 rear ;)

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
+1 Karma for owning a Blue 99. ;D

Anyway, is it just the lack of gauges, or is the headlight sticking out farther than stock?

How are you mounting the gauges?
Did you have to remove the lower indicator light panel to mount it on the Gixxer triple?

Sorry, Im asking all this stuff cause I want to (eventually) do the swap on my SV too.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Squonk said:
Beefy!  Is that a Gixxer fender?
ya... on gsxr forks silly goose :-*

·
Registered
285 Posts
Am I the only guy that doesn't have a gixxer front end yet? Gotta keep up with the joneses! :p

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dackler said:
looks awesome.
+1 karma to you for such a great looking swap...
cant wait to see how you do the gauge mount. how did you mount the headlight? any chance on gettin closeup pics?

im sure it will feel alot better after you ditch the z4 rear ;)
Thanks. I'm really impressed with how seamless the swap is and how stock it looks. +1 to Suzuki for being a parts- bin manufacturer ;D

toddpnewton said:
Nice job! :D

Let us know how it feels.
Feel is totally different. Feels like a new bike, turn in is amazing and the clip ons require such a small amount of input to turn, its very nice. FOr those inseam challenged out there, the lower front end is welcome.

DrummerDaveB said:
+1 Karma for owning a Blue 99. ;D

Anyway, is it just the lack of gauges, or is the headlight sticking out farther than stock?

How are you mounting the gauges?
Did you have to remove the lower indicator light panel to mount it on the Gixxer triple?

Sorry, Im asking all this stuff cause I want to (eventually) do the swap on my SV too.
I think its the lack of gauges although the LP brackets are slightly longer than stock. The added length, if there is any, is necessary to clear the ignition unit, which is shifted to the right side of the upper triple. Although you don't have to remove the idiot lights on the bottom of the 1st gen cluster, I did because I wanted to make mine different and it does clear the asymetrical ignition unit better. I plan on mounting the unit with L brackets to the headlight clamp actually. I'll send pics this weekend when I begin the fabrications.

Mizatt said:
Am I the only guy that doesn't have a gixxer front end yet? Gotta keep up with the joneses! :p
Yes, what the hell are you waiting for? :p

·
Registered
241 Posts
algreen said:
what do ya mean, odd looking?

Heck no, that thing is great! Bike looks great, and makes me anticipate my gixxer forks in the mail right now...just need the wheel and fender (hopefullly)

·
Registered
14 Posts
It looks very good!!!

If you will transform the bike like yours here in Italy you may have problems with justyce :mad: :mad: :mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts