Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Install was easy. Took me all of about 45 minutes.

Can't ride until tomorrow though because the left side grip is still wet.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The more I see them the more I want them!

Clean bike, bars look awesome!

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
That colour is nice. The new bars look good.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Very nice! Enjoy! Don't forget to lube them every 600 miles.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sorry, my miserable attempt at humor :)

Yes, the bars come pre-drilled.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are those the Type 1s or the Type 2s? What did you use to attach your left grip? I ended up using Gorilla glue on mine and haven't had any issues, but I'm wondering if there's something better.

Nice bike, the gray looks awesome.

EDIT due to SDrider's ninja reply reflexes.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are those the Type 1s or the Type 2s? What did you use to attach your left grip? I ended up using Gorilla glue on mine and haven't had any issues, but I'm wondering if there's something better.

Nice bike, the gray looks awesome.

EDIT due to SDrider's ninja reply reflexes.
I just used dish soap. I've used this before with no problems. I put an aftermarket grip on and it was fricken tight so I'm sure after 24 hours this sucker isn't going anywhere. If I feel any slippage I'll buy some Gorilla glue.

The bar is a Type 2 bar.

·
Registered
63 Posts
One last question... what kind of mirrors are those? CRGs? I like how they fold up like that, I'm always knocking my bar-end mirrors into the side of the garage.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Those do appear to be CRG Hindsight LS mirrors. I have the same, and they are great for parking really close to a wall if you have to.

Another question: If you remove your ignition key before "flight", how do you initiate "take-off"?

I thought that whole "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" thing played itself out in the 80's.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those do appear to be CRG Hindsight LS mirrors. I have the same, and they are great for parking really close to a wall if you have to.

Another question: If you remove your ignition key before "flight", how do you initiate "take-off"?

I thought that whole "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" thing played itself out in the 80's.
;D I couldn't find anything I liked that wouldn't scratch the upper triple. It is kind of annoying blowing around when I'm riding but at least I can find the key easily when I'm off the bike.

I'm open to suggestions (those rubber dealer advertisements are out of the question).

And yes, those are CRG Lane Splitter mirrors. I've had them on the bike for almost a year now, they rock for lane splitting. If I am coming up on a tight spot I just fold them in and slide on through. I usually fold them in when parked in my garage just so that my wife or son don't bump them.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Nice. Gotta love the Type 2's.

I'm actually thinking about switching from the 2's to the 1's.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Nice bars, nice bike, nice color, and I LIKE the "remove before flight" thingy. I am curious as to how you like the bars after riding for awhile. I want a set. Thanks for posting pics.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts