Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
FilthyRich said:
Kevin said:
Very nice. What is your front end off of a Gixer? If so what model year. Your swing arm has been streched a few inches huh? I usually dont like that but it looks good on yours. I was going to run a stripe just like that. Where can I look at the engine covers you are talking about?
99 SRAD GSXR 750. The swingarm is STOCK and NOT stretched. I hate that crap. Stretched, lowered bikes belong on a dragstrip period.

I ordered the engine cover direct from woodcraft www.woodcraft-cfm.com
I agree man I hate a streched swingarm too for some reason yours looked streched maybe b/c it is black and black makes things look longer than they are.

·
Registered
500 Posts
are your reaset kits woodcraft as well and thanks for that link. Where did you relocate your ignition to? The frame on the right side maybe?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
frayed said:
Didn't you know Broad street is a drap strip??? :roll: :mrgreen:
Need to get up for a ride... NO drag racing !!
Yes we need to ride. Finally the temps are getting back to normal.

Woodcraft rearsets and the ingintion has been relocated. :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Well, nate's sliders got here today. They are mounted up and look soooo good with the swingarm spools. Tomorrow I am installing the Woodcraft engine cover and LED tailight. I will have pics then.....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Well. I put the motoslider frame sliders and swingarm spools on, as well as the Woodcraft clutch cover. LED taillight and Hotbodies Undertail will go on after the svraceshop shock goes on

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I have some Hella dual cat eyes on their way. Can't wait to see again!!!

Also, I am thinking about switching out the 120/60 for a 120/70 to compensate for the lower SRAD front end, plus I might need it when I try out the 100mm dogbones. The svraceshop dogbones and rear shock should be here this week.... :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
The thing really looks great.

I think I am going to have to put a strip on my bike now!

Keep the updates coming!

·
Registered
236 Posts
heres my advice: take some #0000 steel wool, and some metal polish and clean up those exhaust pipes. itll take 40minutes but theyll look brand new.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I love the stripes. That's something I've been thinking about doing....Might just have to do it now. Anyway, your bike looks great. :)

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
wow!!! i absolutely love that bike. I am however the only one that hates the stripes (i dunno why but i hate stripes on anything). that is one of the meanest bikes i have ever seen. congrats.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
the paint was done by the previous owner. I don't mind the strip. I wouldn't have put it on myself, hell I would have painted it flat black. I like it and it looks good, so it will stay.

The SV gauges will be here this week and I can install them with the digikey sensor and rare earth magents.
I am also going to call the boys at svraceshop and ask their opinion on the 120/60 vs 120/70 with an SRAD front end.

Keep you all posted....

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
try to get a really nice and focused pic of this thing. i say it belongs on the front page

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
any thoughts of putting a highmount on?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I am thinking about changing the color. Maybe keep the frame/ swingarm black and paint everything else flat gray with some gold anodizing. I am still undecided,....

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
FilthyRich said:
I am thinking about changing the color. Maybe keep the frame/ swingarm black and paint everything else flat gray with some gold anodizing. I am still undecided,....
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! well i mean its your call :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
it was just a thought. I am going to wait awhile before I change colors, if I even do. I would love to do an all white bike with the black frame. I don't think it would happen, but it would look nice.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts