Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that care, here is another one of my hobbies. What can I say, I just enjoy riding. :mrt:
After close to 5 weeks I finally have my new bike. I sold my R1 (extra $$ in the bank) and bought a much cheaper (and 10X more enjoyable to ride) 2002 Suzuki SV 650.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Looks great! Did you buy it with all the mods done?

What do you think of the Cyclops headlight? I have the blitz but it's lack of light is wearing on me...

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
The racing stripes are sweet.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally got it from Idaho. The picss from last month were from the guy I bought it from.
I usually build my own stuff, but this was a smokin' deal. The way it is, minus the now chopped fender, is how it came.

I have ordered Motosliders and swingarm spools, Woodcraft engine covers, clear tailight w/ LEDS, Hotbodies Undertail, and NEW Michelin Pilot Powers to replace the Pilot Race.

The headlight is OK. I like it. It looks good, but the lighting is OK. I am going to go with different bulbs and adjust the angle of the lights.

I sold my 03 R1 last week and holy crap does this SV out handle my R1. Maybe it's me, but the SV is just...SICK. I don't care about going fast in a straight line and LOVE the twisties. PLus the V-twin,ummmmmmm

I am happy :D

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
wow, looks really nice. I like except for the headlight.

Get them fork tubes anno'd bronze or gold for added hotness! (just my opinion, its still pretty hot either way)

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
mario60185 said:
can you tell me how those headlights are mounted? im thinking of getting something similar.
They come with big rubber bands. You can see them going around the fork tube and connecting to the light assy.

My Acerbis Blitz came with the same ones but I opted to make some adjustable ones out of aluminum diamond plate...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes, the radiator is a little tweaked. I am going to replace it with OEM or maybe the svraceshop version.

I can't wait for the engine covers to get here. The forks tubes will probably get anodized this winter.

I have been out all day in 90*+ weather and don't really care (too much)

The chain has been adjusted. It was a bit loose.

I have I believe a 2000-2003 GSXR 600/750 rear shock. I am thinking about calling svraceshop and talk about a new rear shock setup for my weight and riding style, PLUS some added lenght. It would be nice to pitch the ass up some.

DrummerDaveB---yeah I post on Yotatech, what up??

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mario60185 said:
i wonder how much it cost to get strips like that? :(
not sure what the paint job cost, but an quality painter could lay them down. I bet it wouldn't cost that much

you could also do them in vinyl--cheaper

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Dude, that bike is the shit. Like I mean, THE SHIT. And I thought my bike was going nice for a streetfighter...yeah not anymore :shock:

Can you take a pic of it head-on? I've been eyeing the cyclops light setup to replace my Bates headlights for a new look.

And I'm going to steal your bike.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
evilbologna said:
Dude, that bike is the s**t. Like I mean, THE s**t. And I thought my bike was going nice for a streetfighter...yeah not anymore :shock:

Can you take a pic of it head-on? I've been eyeing the cyclops light setup to replace my Bates headlights for a new look.

And I'm going to steal your bike.
thanks for the props. I REALLY like this bike. Half the horsepower of my last, but I swear i ride better. More fluid.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Now ya said the lighting was OK. If you do put new bulbs in, tell me if its any better. The lighting on my Bates headlights is quite nice and I'd rather not give that up if I dont have to.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts