1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Do you mean the belly pan?

·
Registered
367 Posts
That's an OEM lower fairing, not a belly pan. I highly doubt you will find that mounted on a naked bike. It would just look silly since it is designed to mate up with the upper fairings. Most people with naked bikes put 'chin' spoilers on. They just cover the bottom of the engine.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess ill have to see what it looks like, I plan to modify it alittle, so that it doesnt look soo off.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Actually, I was thinking about that the past few days. Possibly chopping and redoing/glassing the mating bit at the top to form well on a Naked. Was always interested in how it would look.

Then again, I'd have to find a cheap as all ass lower fairing to even consider trying it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I guess ill have to see what it looks like, I plan to modify it alittle, so that it doesnt look soo off.
I'd just sell the lower fairing and get something else like a chin spoiler. That thing is worth $2-$300 sold by itself. You start hacking it up and don't like the results, you are screwed.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
REALLY ....... tempting, i bought the whole sv650S conversion for $100.
that would be alotta profit ..
maybe i wont cut it up ..

it was everything in that picture, including seat cowl, rear tire hugger, guages lights brackets, all that crap

·
Registered
606 Posts
Here is a pic of a chin spoiler on an 02'

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, ive seen those, the lower fairing isnt really that much bigger, thats why i thought it might look abit street fighter on the neked bike

·
Registered
367 Posts
REALLY ....... tempting, i bought the whole sv650S conversion for $100.
that would be alotta profit ..
maybe i wont cut it up ..

it was everything in that picture, including seat cowl, rear tire hugger, guages lights brackets, all that crap
You got an amazing deal then! That's easily $500 in parts, if not more.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i thought it might have been.
I even got 2 sets of flush mount blinker, a bran new wire harness, 2 packages of fork springs and seals, a spare seat, ignition switch .. ****, i got a good deal eh ?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmm, that stuff isn't HOT is it?
if it was, the guy played it well, ..
His wife had the bike, but it was converted to a race bike, i was in the garrage, LOTS of nice stuff on the bike, and ha had 4 other bikes too, seemed like a nice legit upper class guy.

lol he said if i wouldnt have came for it, it was going to the curb for the trash man at the end of the week, i should have posted up on his street for a few days haha, but i didnt mind paying the $100

want to sell any of it?
im still shuffling through all of it, see what i wanna keep and sell, ill post later in the classifieds when i do .. what are you needing ?

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Wow I was thinking about the exact same thing the other day.

I would like to get a hold of some sort of mold of a lower fairing or a damaged one and try to do some fiber work of my own...

Haven't really worked with fiberglass before, but it doesn't seem like a hard thing to learn.

Haha that would be a fun waste of $$ that I don't have.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts