Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way someone could post a pic of the top of their forks, I'm trying to find exactly what year the one's I have are.

oh and if you post can you give me a year, I think the one's I have are off a naked.

·
Registered
278 Posts

Those are from a 2001 SV. Was a naked before I did conversion. I think all 99-01 had these type of caps, 02 I know have pre-loaders.

Hope that helps  :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats perfect!, thats exactly what the caps look like.

nice bike! I didn't know people converted the other way to.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hate to thread-jack, but was curious what your switches on the guage bezel were for? Two on the right and two on the left?

·
Registered
278 Posts
The Lazy Destroyer said:
Hate to thread-jack, but was curious what your switches on the guage bezel were for? Two on the right and two on the left?
The ones on the right control which header im getting a reading from. I have O2 sensors installed in the front and rear headers connected to an Air/ Fuel mixture gauge (its just above the tach in pic). As they sit in the pic its reading the rear cylinder.

The ones on the left um... let me kill the headlights and tail lights so that um... its easier on the battery while starting the bike. There are other uses, but I wont mention those  ;D

G

·
Throttlecrazed said:
The ones on the right control which header im getting a reading from. I have O2 sensors installed in the front and rear headers connected to an Air/ Fuel mixture gauge (its just above the tach in pic). As they sit in the pic its reading the rear cylinder.

The ones on the left um... let me kill the headlights and tail lights so that um... its easier on the battery while starting the bike. There are other uses, but I wont mention those ;D
wow thats preaty trick.
i was going to do that light switch so it was easier to start the bike lol haha.
where did you get the air fule guage is it a kit.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yea man that is a sweet idea about the lights, ahh, I can think of many times in the future that might come in handy, you should do a write up on how to do that. You should also inform me on how to do that ram air setup you have.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Throttlecrazed said:
Those are from a 2001 SV. Was a naked before I did conversion. I think all 99-01 had these type of caps, 02 I know have pre-loaders.
Did only the 2002 svs have the preloader adjustments? I just bought a 2002 naked and it doesn't have them. I'm sure it is an '02 bike as the vin and title say it is, and it is an '02 color (black).

Just curious if maybe I don't have the right forks on the bike.
Thanks
Mikemo

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well, my friend has an 02 naked in yellow... and hes got them.

I did a quick check in cycle trader... Look real close inbetween the tach and cluctch lever, you will see a silver rod looking thing, thats the pre loader. Its a naked 2002, black. No idea why you dont have them.
http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/2/4/79779024.htm

Here is yellow model, these are plainly visable.
http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/4/3/80631643.htm

And here is a 2002 S model, again, with preloaders (and some serious fork raising)
http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/4/5/80729145.htm

·
Registered
278 Posts
Kid Thunder said:
wow thats preaty trick.
i was going to do that light switch so it was easier to start the bike lol haha.
where did you get the air fule guage is it a kit.
Nope, there is no kit for the O2 sensors.
I welded fittings into the headers and wired the sensors to a Split Second gauge (thats just above the tach). Kind of expensive and a pain if you dont have to use something like this. But on the up side it is fun to play with  ;D

As for the lights... I did those at the same time I was splicing the connectors on for the SV to SVS conversion. If I remember right, the lights run back and go to a single power wire just before the plastic wrap. I just spliced into that with some extra wire and ran it over to the switch. They are automotive type switches made for driving lights (dont use some junk switch, it takes a lot of juice to run the lights). I dont remember how I did the rear, but something similar.

sprint_9 said:
You should also inform me on how to do that ram air setup you have.
What do you wanna know?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Throttlecrazed said:
Well, my friend has an 02 naked in yellow... and hes got them.

I did a quick check in cycle trader... Look real close inbetween the tach and cluctch lever, you will see a silver rod looking thing, thats the pre loader. Its a naked 2002, black. No idea why you dont have them.
Well, after looking at the pictures I can confirm that I do not have the preloaders on my forks... Very strange. Is this just a different fork cap? I'm confused. Either I have an early 2002 and they didn't install the preloaders yet, or the forks have been swapped out, or ???

I am not the original owner so who knows what this bike has been through. I do need to pull the forks to straighten the tubes, so I'll be on the lookout for anything else that looks different.
Thanks
mikemo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts