Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm not good at photoshop. Can someone take the mini and make it close to the same color as my SVST in the background?

Please?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Sure gimmee a few ok.

Like this??

·
Registered
748 Posts
Sweet.

Now, lol, HOW DID YOU DO THAT! :D
Photoshop.... add Hue/sat adjustment layer... adjust color to match the other bike... then black out adjustment layer mask and paint back in the color in just the areas where the bodywork is.

I'm guessing 08SV did the same, but there are several other ways to do it too. :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
CTRL J, layer mode to COLOR,select area,brush,select color,paint,deselect,flatten,and save.

That'll be 20 bones.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm. Sweet. Thanks. I'm going to try to get a high contrast photo of it solo in the snow tomorrow to play with colors.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
748 Posts
CTRL J, layer mode to COLOR,select area,brush,select color,paint,deselect,flatten,and save.

That'll be 20 bones.
Yep, that's another way to do it :). That works great for apps like GIMP that don't offer adjustment layers. Changing the blend mode to color on another layer and using a layer mask creates a similar effect.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried GIMP once, couldn't get the hang of it. I've got photoshop elements 7.0 now. That'll give me someplace to start. I think if I could isolate the mini better, I could go with full yellow and black accents but that shot is pretty hot.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I tried GIMP once, couldn't get the hang of it. I've got photoshop elements 7.0 now. That'll give me someplace to start. I think if I could isolate the mini better, I could go with full yellow and black accents but that shot is pretty hot.
ahh, yeah elements doesn't do layer masks, but it does do adjustment layers so that would be the way to go (unless elements has been updated). I'm working on a tutorial for exactly this so if you want to post your pics I 'd like to use one of them in the tutorial.

·
Registered
748 Posts
BTW... how's the GF liking that V-Day gift> :)
Glad you asked. We got the key in the mail today (and title and some other stuff.. long story) so she's going to get it out tomorrow. I just spent the evening replacing the worn out shock with a Bandit 1200 shock, replaced the speedo cable and we've installed a new battery. We'll see how she does tomorrow.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Watch you white balance settings when you shoot tomorrow. You were pretty warm in this shot.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts