Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what people suggest for phone mounting? I've got a sena half helmet, but want to see the map or quickly pull over and use the phone if needed. It doesn't seem like there is much room, and I'm not wanting to spend 100 bucks. Appreciate your comments....

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have one like this Moozo bike handle bar bag. I like it because it does keep the phone handy for when I pull over, it has a little space for my work key card, etc. It isn't great for looking at a map...for that you would need something to hold it up high enough, keep the sun off and find a way to trick the screen into staying on. For mapping I think Garmin or TomTom has a MC friendly device that would pair with your Sena.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use a RAM mount on my SV650S. It is attached to the left clip-on but places the phone above and mid-way between the fork tubes (in landscape). It is below the line of sight for the instrument cluster and tilts out of the way to access the ignition key. I will try to take a photo tomorrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I run a RAM mount. Originally used the bar mounting, but it blocked the view of the cluster. I purchased the gas filler ring mount and really like the position of that.
Amazon carries a $15 Chinese knockoff tank mount that I used. Way cheaper than the $60 that RAM wants, but you still need the RAM claw and arm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use a Ram ball mount on the handlebar with a Tackform phone mount. USB cable runs under the tank to a fast charger under the seat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can second the RAM mount - specifically the X-Grip

I've ridden with guys using weird suction mount and other styles (that have failed) but for me the holder needs to be completely positive. The X-Grip is a little ugly but it will take pretty much any phone or small GPS without issue.

On my SV it's a bar mount with a short arm. On the VStrom it's mounted to an AdventureTech "Over The Dash" GPS mount - I wish I could do that on the SV - having the phone up higher is better.

My brother has the "Quad Lock Case" which is okay if your phone is compatible. It's prettier but I don't believe it's as strong. Also, as a phone case it's not very protective for the phone, according to his experience anyway. And if you change devices, buy a new Quad Lock case. They don't have a case for any phone I have owned or likely will own.

On the SV I have an aftermarket copy with built in 12V to USB converter:

On the VStrom the AdventureTech mount with a 12V to USB converter under the dash:

God that screen is filthy.

The DR650 is waiting for the same as the SV.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts