Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MorganB, TonyJuliano and I are taking a trip to Kentucky for 8 days, starting this Friday. This is going to be my first big trip for 09, first long ride with the KTM too.. The total route is roughly 2200 miles. We'll probably add a few hundred more when we stick around Deals Gap for a couple days. Should be a great trip. Hopefully my thumper won't beat me up too badly. :p

The route:

My ride / gear:

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
excellent bike for those Ky roads!!

we usually ride out of the AA/Rt9 Shell station around 9-9:30 weather permiting ,and head southeast/southwest/that way!!

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
excellent bike for those Ky roads!!

we usually ride out of the AA/Rt9 Shell station around 9-9:30 weather permiting ,and head southeast/southwest/that way!!
He's gonna need KY when he wants to take a chit after getting off that bike at the end of the day. Good luck! Keep me in mind for N Scotia you *******o!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
1. Where is the keg can spare gas can??

2. You guys s u c k for having all that vacation.

3. Be safe, ride well, have fun.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's gonna need KY when he wants to take a chit after getting off that bike at the end of the day. Good luck! Keep me in mind for N Scotia you *******o!
:p yea man, that's what i'm afraid of. hopefully my buttpad idea works!

1. Where is the keg can spare gas can??

2. You guys s u c k for having all that vacation.

3. Be safe, ride well, have fun.
It's still there. You can see it in the side view pic. The main bag is secured to the baseplate of the minkeg.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I went to start my bike up this morning and nothing happened. Turns out all that rain got into my key switch and caused two of the three sets of contacts to burn up, which explains why my headlight stopped working at the end of the trip. My battery is now dead, and I suspect that all that water inside the switch housing caused it to drain slowly. It also explains why I had to push start the bike a few times during the trip.

I'm lucky I made it home!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well there you go, SM the werd. Happy trails, and take lots of pics.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will post pics shortly.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Day 1. Friday, May 1.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Day 2.

\

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Day 3. Kentucky. It was light rain all day.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Day 4.

Buffalo Trace Disterillery Tour

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Day 5. Cave City.

Mammoth Cave tours. We did the historical tour. 2.5 hours.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Day 6. Lots of rain today.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Day 7.

\

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Day 8. Blue Ridge Parkway

mudslide ahead...

Day 9. Maryland to South Jersey. Didn't take any pics. Boring ride on the highway. Last day always sucks. :p

·
Registered
108 Posts
Awsome man, I live for pictures and I love when people take the care and love to share their adventures with pictures, I was transported to a different place for a minute there...

I much I wish I lived in those areas, so nice up there, curvy roads, beautiful landscapes of nature.

What is that on the back of your bike, a second gas tank ?

Great photos... thank you.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awsome man, I live for pictures and I love when people take the care and love to share their adventures with pictures, I was transported to a different place for a minute there...

I much I wish I lived in those areas, so nice up there, curvy roads, beautiful landscapes of nature.

What is that on the back of your bike, a second gas tank ?

Great photos... thank you.
Thanks. And yes, that's a second gas tank (2.5 gallons). My total range was about 200 miles with both tanks. Worked out perfect. It also served as a good place to strap down my gear.

WV has the absolutely BEST roads. Little to no LEO. Perfect pavement. Very consistent turn speed warnings. Little to no traffic. Endless twisties. So many nice roads, a route is not necessary. Just head SW and you are sure to encounter some of the best twisties you'll find anywhere.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.