Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Coming from Delaware but chances look more like I will trailer...still a small chance of riding though.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Are you looking for someone to ride down there with?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorta, also trying to decide if its crazy to ride down there. I guess I'd want to do it in 2 days?

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
It's only 650-700 miles. If I ride I intend to do it in one day. Get up early, take my time and get there in the evening. If you haven't done any distance riding you will be in pretty bad shape by the end of the day (and really feel it the next day) though. That's a big part of why I want to drive...would rather not be in pain the next day or two as it's been a while since I have done a long ride.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Not only do you need to consider the ride down and how tired you will be after that... but then consider the fact that you will have spent a week (or however long you're planning on being there) doing nothing but riding and drinking. I'd imagine at the end of it, you'd be pretty tired... and then you get to ride 700 miles home.

And this is all assuming you don't have any "bad luck". Factor that in and it becomes even more attractive to tow vs. ride

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Yeah...don't forget the drinking. (or the ride back) :)

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
well...I am unsure exactly what my situation is. Depending on which trailer I clear I might be able to take 3 bikes and right now I am only certain I am going. Highly likely my dad is also going. Still, our trailer might be able to fit a third. I have to measure a few things. If things gave room for a third bike you could hitch a ride but you would have to hit central DE to load up...our truck is also only a crew cab...tight seats in the back. Maybe someone could trailer most of the way should you be able to find a DE/south PA/south Jersey/North VA rally attender.

If you can't lock anyone with certainty maybe I can keep in touch as an option.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the offer. I still have to figure out if I'm able to go at all, but I'll keep it in mind.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I might be able to head down with my pickup truck and be able to tow another moto with my hitch.

I'm near Pottstown, PA.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts