Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
This is a bike I've been building for the past two years.
I know she needs a good cleaning, it's just been raining alot here, and it's my daily transport. I wasn't planning on documenting all the little components I had to modify or fabricate so hear are the few pictures I did take.
Ahmed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dropped my bike last year and destroyed my clutch lever.
I bought a set of replacement's from an E-bay vendor
they look great but the pivot hole was a little over sized and had alot of slop
actuallly, the original lever had alot of slop as well, this is a custom SS bolt and bushing I made to get rid of the slop.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is an offset bracket I made to mount some HRC 330mm rotors I had sitting around for another project.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
incase anyone was wondering you can fit a bike in a villager.
It was taken before heading out to a Shannonville track day last year.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, here is a close up of the custom muffler notice anything different about the caliper? the caliper/master/line/bracket are from a CBR600RR the clevis was custom made.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here is a picture to show the undertail. I took the stock plastic undertail and cut out all the vertical pieces in the rear area. taking care to leave all the horizontal parts. once they where removed I flattened the whole rear section out so that the horizontal parts lined up I then plastic welded it together "V"ing out all the seems and using the parts I cut out as filler material in the weld. due to some very persuasive input from my local constabulary, I have since moved the plate back up to the stock location.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
An Acewell 2853 gauge centered in the buell windscreen hump, with a custom bracket.
yes, the steering lock works, and so does the fuel gauge.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi
Someone Pm'd me for more information on the headlight brackets and the brake adapters. so here are some pics. All the headlight assembly parts where fabricated using a drill press a band saw and a lot of filing, don't mind the rusty hardware. I will be replacing them with stainless bits, after all the parts have been anodized. The brake adapters where made on a CNC out of 7075 T6.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The four screws on this bracket pass through the swing arm wall, and thread into a plate inside the swingarm, thats is also made out of 7075 T6

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You've probably noticed the rc51 front wheel here is a picture of the custom spacer/nut to center the wheel. I also had to remove some material from the rotor mounting flanges on the wheel to reduce the distance between the rotors. If anyone has a set of ~2007 cbr600rr front rotors please let me know.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dropped my bike last fall and broke the shifter tab on the cycle cat rear sets here is a copy that I recreated. let me know if you need any spare parts for these rear sets
I also converted them to a stainless ball bearing pivot.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts