Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cannot figure out what wrong with my bike. if i give it full throttle in any gear it bogs down at any speed. i have a new filter desnorkled jet kit and full exhaust. what gives?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
^ sounds good so I'll go with it.

You could probably check real quick by lifting your tank while the bikes running, cover your intake hole with one hand and try wringing the throttle with the other, if it does'nt bog you need larger jets.

If thats not it and your exhaust smells like gas you need to drop down to smaller jets.

And when you did this did you remember to reposition your needles as per the instructions that came with the jet kit?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i didnt install the jet kit the previous owner did. since i owned to bike i have not cleaned or aligned the carbs(dont know how and dont want to break things). i had it out two days ago and it ran fine no problems. going to try the hand over the air filter tomarrow.

·
Registered
828 Posts
i have a new filter desnorkled jet kit and full exhaust. what gives?
this sounds to me like all of that is new. but now your saying that the jet kit was in by previous owner. did you put in a new air filter and then have this trouble? if so, its definitely wrong jet sizes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it didnt start as soon as i put the filter in. i took it for a couple rides with the new filter and it was fine.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I think people are confused. It sounds like this problem just came up, not immediately after you changed something. Perhaps you had some debris in your fuel tank that is now causing your in tank fuel filter to be obstructed. Also, does it bog when revving the bike in neutral?

·
Registered
828 Posts
it didnt start as soon as i put the filter in. i took it for a couple rides with the new filter and it was fine.
what!?!? so, it didnt work when you put in a new air filter, but it rode just fine.......i give up, good luck to you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are you using gas that has up to 10% Ethanol? If so, it sounds like its time to flush the entire engine. Two of my friends, one with a 600RR and the other with an R1 just had the same problem. Took the bikes to two different mechanics and both said the same this. All the fuel lines, carburetors, and filters needs to be cleaned and flushed. Ethanol begins breaking down immediately as soon as it comes into contact with O2.

·
Registered
19 Posts
from what i've read, you have some type of fuel restriction. could be a piece of debris is clogging the fuel tank filter, could be a jet in the carb clogged. the deal with the ethanol is that older bikes have a thin coating of varnish in the tanks and old fuel lines that have built up over the years and the ethanol is actually "cleaning" this coating off and clogging fuel systems, it's also most likely NOT 10%. fuel changes hands at least 3 times before you get it at the pump and all of the handlers can add up to 10% ethanol but only the end seller is by law required to report how much they put in. it could be as much as 30%...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what!?!? so, it didnt work when you put in a new air filter, but it rode just fine.......i give up, good luck to you.
i meant that the problem didnt arise until a couple rides after the new filter was put in. it revs fine in neutral. i think the best thing is to just take it to a mechanic and have them clean and sync the carbs.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts