Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I removed my exhaust today and I was cleaning up the area where I cut the stock pipe to install my slip-on can and I noticed there is a perforated pipe inside the exhaust that's about two inches long that has insulation packed around it. I can't believe that I didn't notice it there when I installed the pipe (must have been too excited to get it on). Anybody remove this thing? Seems pretty well jammed in there. Might try to cut it out somehow. Any ideas?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think it is what is left of your cat convertor, when you cut your mid pipe to put on your exhaust you cut half of it off. I believe it does not affect performance or sound so left mine in. Seems like too much work to remove it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 06 I'm pretty sure has no cat. I took about half of it out and it is welded or by some means attached to the outer pipe. Big pain, looks like I'm going to have to grind the rest out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really.. well I'm sure all the fiberglass crap I was breathing is going to do wonders for my health.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I successfully removed it. It seems to be tack welded in a few spots so I had to grind it out with a burr. I think its worth removing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts