Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
people that ride SV's

To me the people that rides SV's (including myself) wear helmets and are usually pretty responsible, but Ive seen a few riders in my town that arent wearing helmets and just being squids. I know everyone likes to have fun but there's a time and place for everything.

So im wondering how many of us wear helmets and dont try to pull wheelies down the street?

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I wear a helmet and jacket/gloves all the time...(commuting) if going on longer trip I wear the boots and chin/knee guards....

wheelie don't know how to pull one nor interested...

I do speed a lot on my bike....usually in the 90-100mph freeways and 50-60 streets...

But again, it's been like that before i got my bike, gotta love my car too

I kinda grew out of speeding for a while, like 2 years ago....but I'm just back on it again :S

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I ride safe, a helmet doesn't make me a better or more skilled rider

do I wear one, sure most of the time.... why... it's more comfortable

but even though I wear a helmet 90% of the time, I still ride 2000-3000 miles a year without one

ask me if I give a sh!t what other people think

safety nazies need a life, get one and don't interfere with mine

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I wear the whole getup on every ride. Helmet, jacket, gloves, pants, boots. This is a big reason why I don't take the bike on short trips much anymore, which is for the better because I need the excercise anyway. Gear is annoying at times, but I don't like riding without it. I think you will find most people here are big proponents of gear.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Helmet, jacket, and gloves everytime I get on the bike. (Except when I roll it in first gear into the shed)

I'm just hoping I can tolerate all the gear when it gets hot here this summer. Might have to either just suck it up and deal with it, or figure out something so I don't overheat myself from having all that gear on. At least the jacket. The helmet and gloves are gonna be an always type of deal.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I always wear full gear, down to the SIDI boots. Feels pretty awkward riding in anything less. A person that purchases an SV is probably a realist and they are aware they can't use 160+RWHP on the street, so they buy a reasonable bike, that will still get you in plenty of trouble. Having said that I love riding wheelies, never around cars or on roads with multiple entrances/exits. I like to loft the wheel in 1st, I change gears with the wheel in the air, setting it down in third (if I have room). Its something I did on the Yz when I rode dirt. I know its irresponsible but I don't do it to show off for random people. I try not to attract LEO attention.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts