Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering swapping my stock for a Penske. Which on is the best/only option for a 99?
I know a lot of people use Ohlin, but I can get a great deal on a penske. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Re: Penski Shock?

The "best" option is the triple clicker, very $$ but probably less than a comparable Ohlins.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the "tripple clicker" a nick name, will the dealer know what it is? Or do i need a part number?
Thanks!

-Eric

·
Registered
505 Posts
"triple" is the Penske 3-way shock, model# 8987. The two-way "double" is the 8981. For most everyone the 8981 will work great if it's set up specifically for you, your bike and riding style. The 8987 has benefits for rapid retuning for different track conditions, and some people like it for quick swaps back-and-forth for solo and 2-up riding on the street.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I put a fox shock on my 02 race sv and it worked fine. I put a Penske double clicker on my 03 SV and it feels GREAT! Firm and stable but at the same time it soaks up the bumps with no harshness. I never tried an SV with an Ohlins but I heard they are too short for 1st gen SV. Just some feedback for you.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Did a search and this thread came up but no real answers i'm wondering if this will make this thread come up again? I just got a penski triple clicker and i'm gonna ask the guy at hord power (also) but what does the graph that comes with the shock mean ? it's some sort of ratio of lbs pressure/velocity to inches movement per sec,something like that.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
It is you damping curve shock produced on dyno.
Top is compression and bottom rebound. 3 lines are for adjuster open, close or mid range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts