Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
It might be a while before I went as far as replacing my swingarm... though it's an interesting concept. Actually, I DO like an occasional wheelie and would not want to eliminate that capability.... but I could see a longer arm could provide needed stability.
I do have the softer spring on there..and so I might be able to turn the preload in just a hair, now that I feel the front end is more on target... Adjustments Adjustments... tinkering may never cease..

But yes, the bike is far more stable nowadays... much less worrisome to throw it in a turn, (wish I had stickier tires now!)... and Rob, your fueling mods have made for much friendlier cornering.
I think the breakthrough here is realizing the SV1000 was probably designed to be more of a Sportbike, a`la GSXR...it's stiffer and stubbier and certainly not PLUSH.. but once I learned not to try and force it into being a Gold Wing we have learned to co-exist much better.

20190518_163911.jpg

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks! I'm trying my best to keep it crisp, despite a low operating budget!
My other bike is a 1998 Bandit 1200 with 150K miles... carefully modified, and the two bikes overlap each other in function. The SV is a tad more sporty... the B12 can do trackdays and tour cross country. I think I'm in Heaven!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts