Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done with my Penske install. I have a couple of questions.
I want to know if the reservoir is located in a safe place. I have it attached to the bottom of the battery box on the leg hanging down. I cut 2 slits and put the brackets thru. Seems to be tight and a nice fit. The plastic did bend alittle but did not tear.
Is the reservoir in danger of stones or water? I'm looking at other options on where to locate it.
Another question, Can I get a longer hose connecting the shock to the reservoir? Can I change it or does it required other things to be done that I'm not aware of?
Thanks

T

·
0 Posts
it should be fine there.
to change hose shock has to be discharged and oil changed,than charged again.
not job for first timer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd be somewhat concerned about rocks/dirt if you ride year round. If you only ride when it's sunny I'd be less concerned. I have mine mounted as in this pic

http://prestonmedina.com/web/f3/img_2006_scale.jpg

When I have the shock serviced I'm going to have an 18" hose added which will allow placement further up the tail. I actually have mine mounted in the opposite direction to most people.

Andy

T

·
0 Posts
andy4us said:
I'd be somehwat concerned about rocks/dirt if you ride year round. If you only ride when it's sunny I'd be less concerned.
Andy
look at picture again.looks like he never rides it ;D

·
Registered
47 Posts
I installed my reservoir against the inside of the left passenger peg bracket. Here's a shot of it, from the right side.

By the way Andy, just curious -- is your shock adjusted to be longer than stock, and if so, how much, and have you had problems with the chain rubbing against the left link pipe? I have since replaced my Renes with an M4 full system (yes, Jorge would be disappointed), but when I first installed the Penske and lengthened it to 13-7/8" (eyelet-to-eyelet), I could not avoid having ithe chain rub the link pipe while maintaining adequate slack.

D

·
Registered
93 Posts
quasi888 said:
By the way Andy, just curious -- is your shock adjusted to be longer than stock, and if so, how much, and have you had problems with the chain rubbing against the left link pipe? I have since replaced my Renes with an M4 full system (yes, Jorge would be disappointed), but when I first installed the Penske and lengthened it to 13-7/8" (eyelet-to-eyelet), I could not avoid having ithe chain rub the link pipe while maintaining adequate slack.
Mine is set max ride height, 13 7/8". I run plenty of slack on the chain, so that yes, the chain does touch the link pipe. Even stock shock it could it maximum extension. On the picture link I posted previously, the chain is just touching. At rider sag though it doesn't, There's two small marks on the link pipe from the chain, not bad considering thats 70K+ miles I've ridden with them, with over 30K with either a GSXR or Penske. My previous chain I had 37K on it and it was still in great shape, so it doesn't seem to affect chain life either.

Andy

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TWF said:
look at picture again.looks like he never rides it  ;D
Hey, I ride every freakin day. ;) I just cleaned the hell out of it while I had it apart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts